Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 5+ 19 61.29%
UC wins by 1-4 6 19.35%
UCLA wins by 1-4 0 0%
UCLA wins by 5+ 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #471
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
actually this is precisely my point. he did something that made mick mad and got yanked. nobody else got benched like that in that game. he was having a wonderful game. i wondered about it at the time it happened. i thought it was weird at the time.

from that game thread
that game was played by the subs. everyone was limited. This is nothing but reaching. If he would have been injured in a blowout against them you would have been all over coach for playing him.

Oh and by the way Brooks who backs up Washington had his best game against Alabama st.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-18-2017 at 03:35 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #472
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I don't think there is a fan on this board who doesn't know of Kyle's defensive liability as well as his sometimes poor shot selection as well as his inability to pass the ball when he should.

If you think Cronin is playing favorites with Clark and giving Kyle a hard time on purpose...you are just stubborn as shit and probably a hypocrite at the same time.

Clark fills out every part of a stat sheet that you can. Kyle is a very good player and I love him...but can we just stop the Kyle doesn't get the same treatment bullshit please?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #473
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think there is a fan on this board who doesn't know of Kyle's defensive liability as well as his sometimes poor shot selection as well as his inability to pass the ball when he should.

If you think Cronin is playing favorites with Clark and giving Kyle a hard time on purpose...you are just stubborn as shit and probably a hypocrite at the same time.

Clark fills out every part of a stat sheet that you can. Kyle is a very good player and I love him...but can we just stop the Kyle doesn't get the same treatment bullshit please?
Thank you!!!!
Old 12-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #474
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

do you really think thats whats being said here?

you wonder out loud why mick has been all over kyle for every mistake this year (and wasn't last year) and this is the response from people? i just dont even understand.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #475
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Was anyone else impressed with Williams in the UCLA game? Both him and Scott played well against UCLA but both had moments. Love the roles they are filling.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #476
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
do you really think thats whats being said here?

you wonder out loud why mick has been all over kyle for every mistake this year (and wasn't last year) and this is the response from people? i just dont even understand.
He was on him last year as well. You brought this on with you comment about Mick being unfair to him. Playing mind games. Then you went on and on trying to defend it. What is your agenda?
Old 12-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #477
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
He was on him last year as well. You brought this on with you comment about Mick being unfair to him. Playing mind games. Then you went on and on trying to defend it. What is your agenda?
first mick was not like this with him, check the minutes log.

what is my agenda? my agenda is i want to see the team win. this is the best team mick has ever had. its got 5 really good players. we rarely let them play together. we finally got to see extended minutes of them together against UCLA and they looked amazing. those 5 need to play 30+ minutes a piece.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #478
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Guys this is to good of a site to head down the road like some other sites have as a way to discredit the coach. If you want to debate his decisions or his recruiting I'm fine with that but when you come on here and imply he is unfair to his players and is playing mind games then that is a problem. He is not punishing Broome or Washington. He is coaching. You may not agree and that is fine but he is not playing mind games or deliberately trying to ruin the player. Mick more then most coaches follows the ideology of these kids being student athletes. It's why I enjoy him as a coach. To imply otherwise is wrong and irresponsible. It also ruins the experience many come on here to enjoy.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #479
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
first mick was not like this with him, check the minutes log.

what is my agenda? my agenda is i want to see the team win. this is the best team mick has ever had. its got 5 really good players. we rarely let them play together. we finally got to see extended minutes of them together against UCLA and they looked amazing. those 5 need to play 30+ minutes a piece.
cheer for the Cats brother. Mick has a handle on who should play and who shouldn't. And yes Mick was tough on him last year.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #480
cincrulz11
Epic Member

If you guys are reading anything I've said as though it was said like something LT would say then you're going way too far in how you interpret things.

but thats a you problem. thats not a board problem.