Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 09-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
The songs they play during the commercials are horrible.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #22
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
This YouTube TV is awesome. Good way to watch stuff on CBS sports Network. Will have to remember for bball season. I probably won't keep it though and just use the free trial.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #23
UCTIMMY

UCTIMMY is on a distinguished road
In my opinion, the difference in the game was our DB's and Safeties failing to shed blockers and fly to the ball. Specifically, the pitches to the outside. The DB's/Corners need to get rid of their blocker and go make a tackle. Offense looked a lot better in the passing game.
UCTIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTIMMY View Post
In my opinion, the difference in the game was our DB's and Safeties failing to shed blockers and fly to the ball. Specifically, the pitches to the outside. The DB's/Corners need to get rid of their blocker and go make a tackle. Offense looked a lot better in the passing game.
So much hate and anger towards Hayden Moore so far this season...and he has a good game and people are nowhere to be found. Makes it look personal and seems very petty. I hope our fans aren't at a point where they'd rather have him be horrible so they can be proven right. But the silence on his performance is alarming. I didn't get to watch the game but I listened on the radio and I heard nothing but good things. Maybe it takes a few weeks to get in a rhythm with a 3rd OC in 3 years? Idk but I'm personally very encouraged by this performance. I feel like we can have some stability at the position...which is much better than a perpetual QB battle imo.

We have a great shot at going 6-6 or better this year, I'd like to see that happen. And it will happen if our offense keeps finding continuity as the year progresses.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #25
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
So much hate and anger towards Hayden Moore so far this season...and he has a good game and people are nowhere to be found. Makes it look personal and seems very petty. I hope our fans aren't at a point where they'd rather have him be horrible so they can be proven right. But the silence on his performance is alarming. I didn't get to watch the game but I listened on the radio and I heard nothing but good things. Maybe it takes a few weeks to get in a rhythm with a 3rd OC in 3 years? Idk but I'm personally very encouraged by this performance. I feel like we can have some stability at the position...which is much better than a perpetual QB battle imo.

We have a great shot at going 6-6 or better this year, I'd like to see that happen. And it will happen if our offense keeps finding continuity as the year progresses.
Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is so eager to blame Hayden Moore. He's a serviceable QB, especially considering the talent we have assembled on the rest of the roster. Why would anyone expect us to have a rock star QB when the talent level on the rest of the roster is so low? There's a million reasons why Hayden hasn't had an opportunity to be at his best even if his best might not be great. No one expected us to be great this season, not sure why anyone expected greatness out of Hayden.

As for the game I was really disappointed with the defense and the lack of adjustments. I feel like the coaching staff let the unit down in this one. The players have to perform on the field but the coaches need to do a better job of setting the kids up for success, they didn't do that on Saturday. Allowing Navy to break their all time single game rushing record with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter was disgraceful, hopefully the coaches and players learn a lot from that experience.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is so eager to blame Hayden Moore. He's a serviceable QB, especially considering the talent we have assembled on the rest of the roster. Why would anyone expect us to have a rock star QB when the talent level on the rest of the roster is so low? There's a million reasons why Hayden hasn't had an opportunity to be at his best even if his best might not be great. No one expected us to be great this season, not sure why anyone expected greatness out of Hayden.

As for the game I was really disappointed with the defense and the lack of adjustments. I feel like the coaching staff let the unit down in this one. The players have to perform on the field but the coaches need to do a better job of setting the kids up for success, they didn't do that on Saturday. Allowing Navy to break their all time single game rushing record with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter was disgraceful, hopefully the coaches and players learn a lot from that experience.
Sounds like we were prepared for more QBs runs and they kind of switched things up a bit on us. Really tough for a new staff to prepare for Navy during a random week with no bye or anything. I'll chalk this one up to a weird scheme, unless rushing defense continues to be a huge problem.

On a bright note, we kept fighting the entire game. Not that a moral victory there is worth anything...but even Dan Hoard commented on the broadcast that with Tuberville we'd see the team shut things down and quit before the game was over. This team had a chance to cut it to a 1 score game late. We already stole 1 game bc we never stopped playing. Good habit to get into. These guys played for the full 60 minutes and believed they had a chance to win the entire time. That's a very underrated building block when you are starting a program and shifting to a more competitive culture.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #27
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds like we were prepared for more QBs runs and they kind of switched things up a bit on us. Really tough for a new staff to prepare for Navy during a random week with no bye or anything. I'll chalk this one up to a weird scheme, unless rushing defense continues to be a huge problem.

On a bright note, we kept fighting the entire game. Not that a moral victory there is worth anything...but even Dan Hoard commented on the broadcast that with Tuberville we'd see the team shut things down and quit before the game was over. This team had a chance to cut it to a 1 score game late. We already stole 1 game bc we never stopped playing. Good habit to get into. These guys played for the full 60 minutes and believed they had a chance to win the entire time. That's a very underrated building block when you are starting a program and shifting to a more competitive culture.
No doubt about that, the team is clearly much more bought in to this staff than they were with TT.
My guess is that because TT was so checked out these kids pretty much did whatever they wanted, Fick has brought back the discipline and accountability these kids crave.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Can you give more info about what Dan Hoard said? That is crazy. Total indictment on TT. Coming from Dan Hoard is pretty telling.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Can you give more info about what Dan Hoard said? That is crazy. Total indictment on TT. Coming from Dan Hoard is pretty telling.
Basically we cut the lead from 18 to 10 and had the ball and were driving again looking to cut it to 3 or 7. It didn't work out and Navy got the ball back. But even then we used our timeouts just to try to get it back one more time, even though the chances were extremely low that we'd be able to do anything in that spot. So Dan Hoard commented during all of this that it had been a major point of contention for fans with Tuberville, that in similar situations he would just give up on the game if it looked bleak and just announce to the world that we give in, even if we still technically had a shot (BYU game). Then they went on to mention "Fight to the finish" being a line in the fight song and how it's encouraging to see Fickell coaching these guys to never give up on a game.

Needless to say, I was very happy about this.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #30
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Basically we cut the lead from 18 to 10 and had the ball and were driving again looking to cut it to 3 or 7. It didn't work out and Navy got the ball back. But even then we used our timeouts just to try to get it back one more time, even though the chances were extremely low that we'd be able to do anything in that spot. So Dan Hoard commented during all of this that it had been a major point of contention for fans with Tuberville, that in similar situations he would just give up on the game if it looked bleak and just announce to the world that we give in, even if we still technically had a shot (BYU game). Then they went on to mention "Fight to the finish" being a line in the fight song and how it's encouraging to see Fickell coaching these guys to never give up on a game.

Needless to say, I was very happy about this.
Thanks for the detailed info, Jacob.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote