Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 07:21 AM   #111
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Terry Nelson said he told Ellis to start playing like he's 1st team All-AAC.
Hes got a lot of work to do. Making a 10 footer would be a start
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #112
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Winning Games

I think the inconsistencies with this group will continue especially on the offensive end. The real trick is getting them to play with maximum effort for an entire game. They can still win if they do that.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #113
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
We won a road game which has been a tough task for this group and the sentiment is he should have played the subs more. If I'm a Coach that knows his team needs work on certain aspects of their game the only way to get better execution is practice and games. We have trouble closing out games. All season long that has been a issue. Maybe Mick was sending a message or working on some aspects that in his mind took priority over getting Moore or Jenifer PT. Personally I'm not a talent evaluator but my untrained eye tells me if either player transitions beyond sub I will be surprised.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #114
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Also, Quadri's big problem is he thinks/acts like every time he has the ball on offense he HAS to try and score. He forces everything and doesn't let anything with the game come to him.
He actually has stopped shooting so much in the last few games he was in.

I remember earlier in season, he was shooting on something like 23% of the possessions he was in the game for.

I just think of him like a he's the stoner on the team... only he doesn't need to smoke weed to be a stoner. Just spacey headed and makes terrible decisions
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #115
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
He actually has stopped shooting so much in the last few games he was in.

I remember earlier in season, he was shooting on something like 23% of the possessions he was in the game for.

I just think of him like a he's the stoner on the team... only he doesn't need to smoke weed to be a stoner. Just spacey headed and makes terrible decisions
He is also not on the floor as much.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #116
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
I really don't get the Jenifer discussion that seems like it's been ongoing since long before the season ever started. The kid played well in a scrimmage and since then he's been pretty terrible. Any chance he has gotten to play he surely hasn't made the most of it.

Mick is a pretty bad coach but even he's smart enough to know that you can't afford to play JJ on this team. These guys are trying to get into the dance, what possible good can come from giving more minutes to JJ or Quadri??

You don't develop guys who clearly aren't good enough yet to handle the bright lights by just throwing them to the wolves when you're fighting for your NCAA tourney life on a game by game basis. Bitching about JJ and Quadri getting minutes is about the stupidest possible thing a fan of this team could be complaining about.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #117
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I really don't get the Jenifer discussion that seems like it's been ongoing since long before the season ever started. The kid played well in a scrimmage and since then he's been pretty terrible. Any chance he has gotten to play he surely hasn't made the most of it.

Mick is a pretty bad coach but even he's smart enough to know that you can't afford to play JJ on this team. These guys are trying to get into the dance, what possible good can come from giving more minutes to JJ or Quadri??

You don't develop guys who clearly aren't good enough yet to handle the bright lights by just throwing them to the wolves when you're fighting for your NCAA tourney life on a game by game basis. Bitching about JJ and Quadri getting minutes is about the stupidest possible thing a fan of this team could be complaining about.
Up 20 vs UCF isn't exactly "the wolves". But I don't disagree. Those 2 guys have had a hard time fitting in. Hard when you're on the outside of the rotation looking in and getting random spurts for minutes. But for this season, we've made our bed. Those guys won't help us. Cronin just talked last week in an interview with Rothstein about needing to develop Jenifer. He always says that. I think it's just kind of a talking point. I've given up on the idea of either one of them being of any value down the stretch.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #118
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Up 20 vs UCF isn't exactly "the wolves". But I don't disagree. Those 2 guys have had a hard time fitting in. Hard when you're on the outside of the rotation looking in and getting random spurts for minutes. But for this season, we've made our bed. Those guys won't help us. Cronin just talked last week in an interview with Rothstein about needing to develop Jenifer. He always says that. I think it's just kind of a talking point. I've given up on the idea of either one of them being of any value down the stretch.
The reason there is a need to develop Jenifer is that as of now there is no other PG on campus. In my day you forced your way in the line up by beating the starter everyday in practice and excelling in limited minutes you got from games. Its especially tough on JJ because your personnel my not be in tune with your game. JJ and Troy are to very different players right now. The team reacts to their style. Right now that is Troy.