Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
East Carolina

Game is Saturday at 4 PM EST on ESPNU.

ECU is 10-14 overall and 2-9 in AAC. They just lost last night at home to Tulane (100-92 3OT). ECU is 1-4 on the road in AAC. The win was @Memphis (84-83). Road conference losses have been to Tulsa (55-43), Temple (78-60), UCF (89-69), and UConn (85-67).

They are #186 in KenPom...#165 in AdjO, #228 in AdjD, and #199 in AdjT.

I think we'll be -16ish.

East Carolina 57
UC 77
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Hoping for a Cobb outburst. It'd be nice to see him drop 20. Would also like to see another big rebounding game from Ellis. Caupain getting in double digits in assists again would be nice as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #3
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Hoping for a Cobb outburst. It'd be nice to see him drop 20. Would also like to see another big rebounding game from Ellis. Caupain getting in double digits in assists again would be nice as well.
I'd really like to see us get off to a fast start in this game. The first halves of the last few games have been pretty ugly and against decent competition (Memphis) it cost us.

This team needs to figure out a way to start better. Regardless, ECU is a very bad basketball team and we'll roll them.

UC - 73
ECU - 54
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I'd really like to see us get off to a fast start in this game. The first halves of the last few games have been pretty ugly and against decent competition (Memphis) it cost us.

This team needs to figure out a way to start better. Regardless, ECU is a very bad basketball team and we'll roll them.

UC - 73
ECU - 54
Yeah in the last 4 games the first half average score has been:

UC 30.5
Opponent 33.5

We were losing at half v UConn and Memphis. We were up 7 on South Florida bc of a late spurt. And up 1 on UCF.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I think we will start much better at home.
Really want us to push the pace, and beat these guys early. These guys beat us last year on there gym, in probably what was the worst game we played all season. Just need to destroy them in every aspect.

Looks like they have a few guys who can shoot the 3. We will need to Stop Caleb White and Bj Tyson. I just dont even want this game to be close. We need a huge blow out where we keep them under 55 points

On another note:
I really hate the scheduling for next week's huge games.
Why do we play on Saturday then not again til THurs and then back again on Saturday.

We seem to have been dealt those kinda turn arounds on big games (@memphis and against Uconn).
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I think we will start much better at home.
Really want us to push the pace, and beat these guys early. These guys beat us last year on there gym, in probably what was the worst game we played all season. Just need to destroy them in every aspect.

Looks like they have a few guys who can shoot the 3. We will need to Stop Caleb White and Bj Tyson. I just dont even want this game to be close. We need a huge blow out where we keep them under 55 points

On another note:
I really hate the scheduling for next week's huge games.
Why do we play on Saturday then not again til THurs and then back again on Saturday.

We seem to have been dealt those kinda turn arounds on big games (@memphis and against Uconn).
I think the AAC "Showcase" game with ESPN is on Thursday night. Anytime we play a good team, its likely to be on Thursday. Although the Tulsa game next Thursday is on CBSSN. So I dunno what's up with that.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

This is a team capable of pulling an upset as I just remembered they beat Memphis and Temple back to back.

Against Temple, they only shot 41% and hit only three 3 pointers, and lost the rebounding war... and yet what was impressive in this win for them was that they forced 14 temple TO's and temple is ranked one of the best teams in the country at taking care of the ball.

Against memphis they shot 48% and hit 11 3 pointers, and again forced 16 memphis TO. but again was pretty much dominated on the boards.

Looking at ECU on Kenpom, offensively nothing sticks out as being either being really good in one category nor really really bad minus getting there shot blocked a lot. And not having a very good effective FG%.

Defensively, its much worst for them as there D is one of the worst in the country and is rated as the worst in the American conference.

We need to score 80 on these guys and just keeping the pressure on them
Old 02-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

http://www.gobearcats.com/collegespo.../?media=522497

Media Availability
Old 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #9
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Just realized how many shots Gary clark has been blocking the last 6 games.

He is averaging 2.83 blocks per game over his last 6 games.

He hadn't had a game with 4 blocks all season then all the sudden had 4 against memphis twice, uconn and UCF...

Blocking shots is all about timing and it seems Gary has really been looking for block shots and timing them well with out fouling as he is averaging just 2 Fpg in that same stretch.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Just realized how many shots Gary clark has been blocking the last 6 games.

He is averaging 2.83 blocks per game over his last 6 games.

He hadn't had a game with 4 blocks all season then all the sudden had 4 against memphis twice, uconn and UCF...

Blocking shots is all about timing and it seems Gary has really been looking for block shots and timing them well with out fouling as he is averaging just 2 Fpg in that same stretch.
I think my favorite block of his lately was when he blocked a 3 in the UConn game. Don't remember who was shooting it, but Clark almost lost the shooter and had to beeline over to the corner and made a sweet block after the guy released the shot. Great recovery. Maybe Evans's competitiveness is rubbing off on him.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 02-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.