jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #92
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Show tonight
Caught the end driving home. Wow Mick seemed so relaxed and confident.

Someone has an interesting Q (to me) - compare road locker rooms - ECU's was best bc it used to be home teams, but they got new ones.

He answered Q about new transfer rule that would hurt African Americans. Said when u sit out a year you are more likely to graduate, and that would go away. Was really a very informative answer by Mick. It was in the last 1/3 if the show if anyone wants to get the podcast. He also said he is all for graduation etc. Was really coming from his heart.

Said "it doesn't matter how I feel about it, it is inevitable, so we have to prepare for it". Very interesting to find out that you have to sit out a year for men and women's basketball and football. But other sports you can transfer and play right away. I never knew that. I thought it was across the board for all college sports.

He lets the players do the postgame because they are the ones doing the work/ playing. Was awesome hearing all that.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #93
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post

Someone has an interesting Q (to me) - compare road locker rooms - ECU's was best bc it used to be home teams, but they got new ones.

He answered Q about new transfer rule that would hurt African Americans. Said when u sit out a year you are more likely to graduate, and that would go away. Was really a very informative answer by Mick. It was in the last 1/3 if the show if anyone wants to get the podcast. He also said he is all for graduation etc. Was really coming from his heart.

Said "it doesn't matter how I feel about it, it is inevitable, so we have to prepare for it". Very interesting to find out that you have to sit out a year for men and women's basketball and football. But other sports you can transfer and play right away. I never knew that. I thought it was across the board for all college sports.

He lets the players do the postgame because they are the ones doing the work/ playing. Was awesome hearing all that.
Thought what he said about Chris Archer was pretty hilarious. He didn’t realize he was in the big leagues, thought he was a minor league pitcher maybe and his parting words to him was make sure to be saving his money. Afterwards Dan Hoard told him he was an all star pitcher for the Rays, where Mick made a joke about him making 200 million in the future and what he said was to save his money. Typing it out doesn’t sound that funny now, but it was pretty laughable on the radio.

He said Chris Archer would be getting a Bearcat gift basket in the mail from him.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #94
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post

His demeanor has changed quite a bit the last two years. It must be a nice feeling for him knowing his team is 100% bought in on the defensive end right now. They are on fire! The effort and focus on that side is incredible lately. All the hoopla was about the offense this year so to see this happening has to put him in a good place when he doesn't have to preach to his team about taking plays off on D.

I think we just need to buy in on turnovers now...we can be very efficient when we aren't losing so many possessions. Then if we get Cumberland going and Cane more minutes...we can be a top 25 offense IMO.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #95
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Thought what he said about Chris Archer was pretty hilarious. He didn’t realize he was in the big leagues, thought he was a minor league pitcher maybe and his parting words to him was make sure to be saving his money. Afterwards Dan Hoard told him he was an all star pitcher for the Rays, where Mick made a joke about him making 200 million in the future and what he said was to save his money. Typing it out doesn’t sound that funny now, but it was pretty laughable on the radio.

He said Chris Archer would be getting a Bearcat gift basket in the mail from him.
Haha yeah that was absolutely hysterical. Chris Archer was the Team USA ace in the WBC I think. Very funny segment.

For those of you who love podcasts and UC info (I know I've mentioned this before) but they put all the commercial free shows in the iHeartRadio app. On the mobile app, you can go to the far right tab called podcasts and have all the shows right there. It's awesome.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #96
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Haha yeah that was absolutely hysterical. Chris Archer was the Team USA ace in the WBC I think. Very funny segment.

For those of you who love podcasts and UC info (I know I've mentioned this before) but they put all the commercial free shows in the iHeartRadio app. On the mobile app, you can go to the far right tab called podcasts and have all the shows right there. It's awesome.
All you have to do is "Follow" UC Bearcats Talk to get them to show up.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #97
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Show tonight. Someone ask about the deflections leaders!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:16 PM   #98
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Question from the radio show tonight was asking which player from the Cronin era would you add to this team (minus SK)...Coach said John Williamson bc of him being there on the down teams the first couple years. Really good answer I thought. Who would you all pick?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #99
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Question from the radio show tonight was asking which player from the Cronin era would you add to this team (minus SK)...Coach said John Williamson bc of him being there on the down teams the first couple years. Really good answer I thought. Who would you all pick?
A lot of respect. I’d say he is the founding father of the Cronin era

My pick would be Justin Jackson. I feel like he would flourish off the bench and help do all the dirty work. He obviously got better year after year but it was hard to count on him to do a whole bunch on offense. He was put in that position his senior year with only really having SK as a scoring threat. The Harvard game he had to turn into a scoring machine and it just wasn’t there. So I feel like if he was coming of the bench to back Kyle and Gary We would see a stellar backup and not have to rely on his scoring
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #100
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yancy Gates, he had his issues but I always loved that guy.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote