Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the SMU game?
UC wins by 15+ 6 16.22%
UC wins by 10-14 12 32.43%
UC wins by 5-9 14 37.84%
UC wins by 1-4 3 8.11%
SMU wins 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@SMU

Game is Sunday at 4 on ESPN

Playing this one on the big network in a tough gym.

It played out: 3 of the last 5 years we have started 22-2, been on a 15 game winning streak, and are heading to SMU. We lost the other two. Milton is a ?, Foster out, we have to get this one. Get that monkey off our back and show everyone why this team is on a different level.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post

It played out: 3 of the last 5 years we have started 22-2, been on a 15 game winning streak, and are heading to SMU. We lost the other two. Milton is a ?, Foster out, we have to get this one. Get that monkey off our back and show everyone why this team is on a different level.
Foster is out, if milton is out, big big trouble for them. Milton in makes the difference for this SMU team. They going to have to shoot lights out regardless to stay in this game. Think cats by twelve to fifteen. Love how this team is playing, roles are defined and all of them have one thing in common, win.....
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
We've been here before. @SMU is no easy task. With Milton it becomes a lot harder. Without him, I like our chances to win 68-55
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
The Team is playing like they are on a mission. That mission, win out and get a much deserved high seed. 3 down 7 more to go!!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I bet the spread will be -9.5 if Shake is not playing...We cover.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #6
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
The Team is playing like they are on a mission. That mission, win out and get a much deserved high seed. 3 down 7 more to go!!!!
Yes sir!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They are clicking along very nicely! When 1 guy doesn't do it we have a few others who can...it's a luxury we haven't always had on offense. Defense has obviously been phenomenal. I like our take care of business attitude! The right players are very focused right now and we have an extra gear when we need it. We haven't come out flat but maybe once or twice in 15 games. I like our chances in this game.

Many of us had this game circled for a long time as the start of a very tough run. We took care of ALL the business we needed to leading up to it. That, in itself, is a huge accomplishment IMO! Time to find that extra gear and finish this season off with an exclamation point!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:55 AM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post

All our monkeys are coming off this year...lol! Every damn 1 of them! The SMU monkey, the solo conference title monkey, the conference tourney monkey, the protected seed monkey, good draw in the tourney monkey, and the Elite 8 or beyond monkey.

Go big or go home...lol!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:56 AM   #9
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
They are clicking along very nicely! When 1 guy doesn't do it we have a few others who can...it's a luxury we haven't always had on offense. Defense has obviously been phenomenal. I like our take care of business attitude! The right players are very focused right now and we have an extra gear when we need it. We haven't come out flat but maybe once or twice in 15 games. I like our chances in this game.

Many of us had this game circled for a long time as the start of a very tough run. We took care of ALL the business we needed to leading up to it. That, in itself, is a huge accomplishment IMO! Time to find that extra gear and finish this season off with an exclamation point!!
Nothing more I would like to see then us running the table. I really think the coach has instilled the right temperament in this team. One game at a time!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Nothing more I would like to see then us running the table. I really think the coach has instilled the right temperament in this team. One game at a time!!!
I think that philosophy has been why we are doing so well. We haven't overlooked the teams we were heavy favorites for. We understand virtually any team can have a good night and we can't take them for granted.