Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #221
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Creighton didn't take a commitment from Joseph until Broome made his decision. Somehow that means Joseph was higher on their board? Makes perfect sense...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #222
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
But man, yes Jenifer looked awesome early against bad teams. But in Conference play, he always seem to make bone headed plays that deserved being benched over. I know of at least 2 maybe 3 times this year where he got beat on defense and then fouled a 3 point shooter.

In theory, we should have played him more but He only looked good against lesser teams.

I mean, do you really think Jenifer looked amazing in practice and Mick still didn't play him much? No way. Im betting he made freshman mistakes in practice and Cronin didnt feel comfortable playing him against good defense and better teams. Evans on the other hand, started slow but Im guessing that he looked really good in practice and Cronin knew it would at some point translate to games.

Its not like Mick doesn't play freshman. He played Evans a ton and clark a lot his freshman year, but he only plays the ones that he is comfortable with and Jenifer just so happened to have our leading scorer and most clutch player in front of him
I thought Mick made a mistake. The difference is, Mick now says he did make a mistake. We don't have to argue over what we believe, or over assumptions anymore. The coach has said it with his own mouth now. There is no longer an argument.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #223
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
Yea, so sorry. I'll try and homer it up better for you. Broome number will be on the wall after he destroys college basketball for two years.

Better?
I hope your right !!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #224
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea, so sorry. I'll try and homer it up better for you. Broome number will be on the wall after he destroys college basketball for two years.

Better?
Not being a homer. It's just ridiculous that you use stats to argue against him, but then ignore stats that say maybe he will do better when he doesn't play 38 minutes, while accounting for 32% of the teams shots. Do I think Broome will come in here and average 23 pgg? No. He even said he rather have a season averaging 12 ppg and make the tourney than 23 ppg and miss out. With that attitude and a season to work on his shot, compete with TC in practice, get stronger, etc. I think he can come in and be a solid player on a team that will have other scoring pieces. But, please continue to be a pessimistic troll.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #225
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wait, now you are using rankings. Can't have it both ways, holmes.

Anyway that website looks like a high school senior class progect.
God in heaven you are miserable. It's an article based on opinions...you know, those things that high school rankings are based on as well.

As the only person here that has actually played against the kid i can say he's one of the best penetrators i've seen, especially for someone his size. If he's playing with guys that can move without the ball and get open when he's driving, he does well to find them. I'm not making any bold predictions but i think he's a very nice get.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #226
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No lol. You seem to be the one caught up in rankings.

You have a player with very high upside who played at the highest level of college basketball. Then you have a player who beast out against the lowest level of college basketball while racking up numbers buy avg close to 20 shots a game. Who would you take?

Im sure joseph numbers would be off the chart if he played at that level for two years.
Joseph's stats from this past year:

Pretty liberal use of the word played.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #227
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Here's what I like about Broome- He's a kid that will come in here be a good teammate/a good representative of the university/hard worker/good student/play team ball and who knows might be a pretty good baller. What he won't be is some highly ranked highschooler that comes in here like Morman/Strickland/Mainestory/ passes the eye test but never contributes a thing.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:44 PM   #228
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
Joseph's stats from this past year:

Pretty liberal use of the word played.
Lol, exactly. Not to mention that Broome played in the greater Hartford pro-am here in CT and put up numbers against elite D1, D-league, European, and even NBA players. I remember him dropping 34 on this dude from the D-league, there wasn't a player on the court that could stay in front of him.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #229
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I just pray that we don't try to pack 20 pounds on him. He can play at 170.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #230
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Lol, exactly. Not to mention that Broome played in the greater Hartford pro-am here in CT and put up numbers against elite D1, D-league, European, and even NBA players. I remember him dropping 34 on this dude from the D-league, there wasn't a player on the court that could stay in front of him.
A much better Cobb?
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote