Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #231
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
This is a good interview on Broome by Mick.
http://www.espn1530.com/onair/lance-...oome-14592464/

He was the first underclassman to be named player of the year in that conference since 1992

Played in New England Prep School League(same as Kyle Washington) Was mentioned Washington remembered playing against him and passed along that message

People on this board arent the only ones comparing him to NVE

Broome signed early his SR yr before deciding to go to prep school- At prep school he performed really well but still kept his original commitment while being recruited by (the new) Big East schools
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #232
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
A much better Cobb?
He's got a nice J for sure but he can score in a lot of ways. Much better at creating off the dribble than Cobb and night and day when you compare them getting to the rack. Better all around scorer. And i wouldn't put too much emphasis on the Uconn game. I think the pressure to perform in front of the hometown big boys may have gotten to him that night. All week long there were articles and interviews on TV about him getting to play Uconn in front of his friends and family and "what a night it's going to be", etc.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #233
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
good video from a local news show about him in the Pro-am last year.

http://fox61.com/2015/07/17/cane-bro...d-hoop-dreams/
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #234
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post

Love how he says he wants to get to the rim first and loves seeing free throws go in. Something I feel we haven't had, consistently, for awhile.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #235
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Love how he says he wants to get to the rim first and loves seeing free throws go in. Something I feel we haven't had, consistently, for awhile.
Exactly! Like someone mentioned too in comparison with Cobb, Cobb could not create his own shot well and couldn't beat his defender. Let's hope Broome can at this level.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #236
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Really excited about this team. I like this kid from what I see in not only his playing video but his interviews. great future, lot of respect for a very classy and talented team. Go get them Mick !
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #237
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post

I got a hard on when he said he likes to get fouled. I've been dreaming of a guard who has that mentality.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #238
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I will take a kid that has proven he can play at the D1 level over an unproven player all day every day. I'm thrilled to have this kid decide to come to Clifton. He was obviously the coaching staff's top priority and he fills an obvious hole when Troy leaves. So you're looking at a possible starting 5 in two years of:

Broome - Junior
Cumberland - Soph
Evans - Junior
Clark - Senior
Washington - Senior

If Cumberland does what we all think he can and Washington plays like he is capable of, this five will be the best offensive 5 we have had in quite some time. Who knows what other pieces might be added too. Exciting!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:08 PM   #239
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I will take a kid that has proven he can play at the D1 level over an unproven player all day every day. I'm thrilled to have this kid decide to come to Clifton. He was obviously the coaching staff's top priority and he fills an obvious hole when Troy leaves. So you're looking at a possible starting 5 in two years of:

Broome - Junior
Cumberland - Soph
Evans - Junior
Clark - Senior
Washington - Senior

If Cumberland does what we all think he can and Washington plays like he is capable of, this five will be the best offensive 5 we have had in quite some time. Who knows what other pieces might be added too. Exciting!
Agreed. Wish others felt the same way as this!
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #240
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Agreed. Wish others felt the same way as this!
I think most do. There's only 1 Debbie downer as far as I see
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote