Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'11 MI OT Jake Fisher (Michigan Verbal)

Offensive Tackle
Traverse City, MI (Traverse City West Senior HS)

Ht: 6'7"
Wt: 268

Offers: Bowling Green, Central Michigan, UC, Eastern Michigan, Michigan State, Toledo, Western Michigan
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=34...=1&nid=4902573
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Reports of an offer from Michigan by Scout.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
UC offered right after he camped here. I'd say the Bearcats have a fighting chance at him.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Jacob Fisher (Traverse City, Mich./West) is one of the fastest rising prospects in the Midwest.

The 6-foot-7, 268-pounder has started at tight end since the beginning of his sophomore season. However, recruiters see him as an offensive tackle at the next level.

Fisher has over a dozen scholarship offers, but his three biggest ones have come in the past week. Having already landed offers from every school in the MAC, Fisher hit the camp circuit and came away with offers from Michigan, Michigan State and Cincinnati.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...26id%3d5322272
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

State of Michigan rankings...

The real riser in the group is OT Jake Fisher, who earns a fourth star and a #6 rankings after a string of successful camp outings

http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

I think it is going to be tough to pry him out Michigan. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
JasonS
Football Moderator

The last thing I have heard is it is down to UM and MSU. I'll wait till I see it confirmed and then move him to the archives if necessary.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

He's a tough get. I was hoping depth might help the UC cause, but Michiganders are fairly loyal.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

It looks like Michigan could receive two verbal commitments this month, and both from offensive lineman. Florida's Tony Posada and in-state Jake Fisher are nearing their decision, and UM is in a great position for both of them.

Posada has officially named Michigan as his leader, and has talked about committing as soon as this week, so it sounds like this one is almost a done deal. However! His childhood favorite, the Florida Gators, are not out of the race yet. They told Tony to lose some weight before July 26th if he wanted an offer, so will Posada wait on the Gators?

With Fisher, in comes down to a simple battle between UM and MSU, both of which will receive one final unofficial in the coming weeks - I believe his MSU trip is first. The word is that Michigan is the slight leader, but never trust Mark Dantonio, who will do anything to steal a recruit.

Posada is probably the more likely, but the Florida Gators angle does make me a bit more nervous about it. Still, there is a good chance that both commit within the next 2-3 weeks. If this happens, the coaching staff may try and push Anthony Zettel into a commitment.

Zettel spoke with ESPN earlier this week and he still has UM as his slight leader, but there are rumors that he wants to lose weight and become a defensive end full time - instead of OG. More to come on this shortly.

http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/