Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I would like to see more lineups with Shaq at the 4 spot. You could start Shaq at the three, if he's not going early you pull him for Evans and then bring Shaq in at the 4 to sub Clark (rather than bringing in Moore).
I've been thinking this all year. I'm not sure Moore can be a serious contributer if this team has final 4 aspirations. He isn't quite good enough. He's the weakest big man with the ball that I can remember during the Cronin era. He gets the ball swiped away so much and I don't think he really understands the concept of team basketball. He's selfish on the court. At least there seems to be an attitude improvement. I guess that's good. Also, Shaq has been much more aggressive on the glass recently and we have gone small with him before so it's nothing new.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #12
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I think you'll see this weekend that we are 9 deep, deberry and Ellis will play together and I agree with you guys shaq can play the 4, but for a minimal amount of time ideally I would like Clark being in the game for at least 30 mins against good teams.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #13
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
I expect a big game out of Shaq and Farad. Both seniors who underperformed on Tuesday night. Time to step up and beat some credible teams. This is when the upperclassmen should start to show that they're ready for a deep run.

Who knows about Octavius? The talent and intensity is there, it just seems like something is off. No focus???

If this team is a top 10 team, like I think they are, they should win both Friday and Saturday by double digits. Regardless of the Saturday opponent.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:12 AM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I am interested to see if we are able to impose our new style of play against high major schools. We showed we can the first five games but its different when you're going against guys of similar talent and size.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #15
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
I think Evans is emerging as a guy that will get some serious time. He's very productive in that he passes well, good court vision, has good ball control, shoots well from long range too and plays adequate defense. I think he needs more work on the defensive side. He has also had some good rebounding games. He's going to get more and more playing time.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #16
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
I expect a big game out of Shaq and Farad. Both seniors who underperformed on Tuesday night. Time to step up and beat some credible teams. This is when the upperclassmen should start to show that they're ready for a deep run.

Who knows about Octavius? The talent and intensity is there, it just seems like something is off. No focus???

If this team is a top 10 team, like I think they are, they should win both Friday and Saturday by double digits. Regardless of the Saturday opponent.
I think the difference this year with our bigs is that teams are collapsing and double some times triple teaming our guys. This really wasn't the case last year as Clark and Ellis didn't really command those type of defensive looks.

I expect the high major teams to try and face us one on one with the idea that they have the players to do so and not leave open shooters. I suspect our bigs ppg to go up and our guards ppg to go down as we get into better quality opponents. If our guards ppg and shooting % stay flat through better teams I think we will be extremely dangerous.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Mick mentioned the team hadn't really practiced against man defense yet and he expected tonight to be a struggle. They'll probably be much more prepared Friday.
what type ish is that?
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
what type ish is that?
So many games this early we haven't been practicing full on.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #19
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
So many games this early we haven't been practicing full on.
I'll take that. If nothing else our shooting has improved in zones
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I think the difference this year with our bigs is that teams are collapsing and double some times triple teaming our guys. This really wasn't the case last year as Clark and Ellis didn't really command those type of defensive looks.

I expect the high major teams to try and face us one on one with the idea that they have the players to do so and not leave open shooters. I suspect our bigs ppg to go up and our guards ppg to go down as we get into better quality opponents. If our guards ppg and shooting % stay flat through better teams I think we will be extremely dangerous.
Yes I agree. The only exception may be DeBerry. He really has a tough time passing out of double teams. Seems like he should be able to improve though since he doesn't have/need a bunch of post moves.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote