Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #61
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Yah...I know some kids who could switch hit in baseball and maybe preferred to do most things right hand but 1 certain thing left hand (like golf or something unrelated). In basketball I don't know many, if any, who shoot left but have a power right hand dunk (or vice versa). Or dribble left and can zip the ball for an assist with the right. In one of the videos you can see him make a hard baseball pass style assist with his right hand even though his preferred dribble hand seems left.

It's just weird but it's definitely a huge positive for a PG to be so comfortable either way!
My brother is left-handed and my mom used to pitch to us when we were really little, so I just batted the same way as my brother. So I grew up hitting left-handed but was able to do both as I got older bc I could hit way farther right-handed.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #62
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
My brother is left-handed and my mom used to pitch to us when we were really little, so I just batted the same way as my brother. So I grew up hitting left-handed but was able to do both as I got older bc I could hit way farther right-handed.
I wasn't bad hitting a baseball left or right handed but I when I threw a baseball left handed (not my dominant hand) I probably looked like a grade school girl's first time throwing a ball.

If I could jump 12" higher...my left hand power dunk would probably look similar to a 1 year old trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #63
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
The first time I saw footage of him ,what really jumped out at me was the form on his jumpshot. I have not seen anyone put their non -shooting hand to the front of the ball like he does- most have their off hand much more to the side. I wonder if UC's coaches will try and change that. I like every thing about his game but that really looks weird to me.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #64
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
The first time I saw footage of him ,what really jumped out at me was the form on his jumpshot. I have not seen anyone put their non -shooting hand to the front of the ball like he does- most have their off hand much more to the side. I wonder if UC's coaches will try and change that. I like every thing about his game but that really looks weird to me.
I noticed that too but so long as he isn't spinning it off of both hands, it probably isn't a huge deal. Still wouldn't be surprised to see that change. Very minor change. If anything, it would help him have better vision to the hoop.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #65
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Yah...in this last video here he finished all shots around the rim with his right hand or with both. All of his dunks were either with right hand or both and it appears by design as some lone right hand dunk attempts were in warmups or open court. It looks like he actually PREFERS finishing around the rim with his right although he shoots outside with his left. In the first video I saw it was almost the same exact thing. Predominantly a right hand finisher by an overwhelming majority in the highlight videos.

I am not sure I can remember a guy who shoots lefty but prefers to finish with his right. It's strange but I think it's a huge asset to be that good with both hands. It appears he favors his left when dribbling and penetrating the lane but he doesn't mind assisting with his right at all.

Very ambidextrous! Tough to guard when going to the bucket because of that.
The Q is, if a team guards his R hand, can he still easily go to the L hand. I would guess so.

Also, I know it was a mixtape and I'll highlight tape, but that was some serious lack of Defense in that game. Even for mixtape standards.

I also looked at part the game against lamelo ball and both teams playing no defense. I know it's SoCal, and they are laid back, but please.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #66
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Herb Jones from the 1992 FF team was one of the best finishers in college bball that year. Awesome L handed dunker in traffic on the break. Check you tube.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:30 PM   #67
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@ChadBrendel
4 star PG Logan Johnson has officially signed with Cincinnati #Bearcats
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #68
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Would love to get another 4-Star, “evans, Clark, Cumberland” level player in this class. Keep it rolling
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #69
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Nice get for the cats, love it. Gotta thing he spends his summer playing with his brother too, can't hurt going against an NBA player everyday.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #70
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@ChadBrendel
4 star PG Logan Johnson has officially signed with Cincinnati #Bearcats
very nice
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote