Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Hes a good manager, just not fit for the Reds.

Cant have a laid back team led by a laid back manager. In the clutch it shows. Cant handle adversity.

Get no hit and swept vs Phillies. Lose 3 straight to San Fran. Cueto drops the ball on the mound when chanting his name...Lose the last 6 with Home Field on the line... Need mental toughness and a guy who isn't afraid to challenge them

Goodluck to Dusty
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Any predictions on who will be the Reds next manager?

My guess is Bryan Price
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Hes a good manager, just not fit for the Reds.

Cant have a laid back team led by a laid back manager. In the clutch it shows. Cant handle adversity.

Get no hit and swept vs Phillies. Lose 3 straight to San Fran. Cueto drops the ball on the mound when chanting his name...Lose the last 6 with Home Field on the line... Need mental toughness and a guy who isn't afraid to challenge them

Goodluck to Dusty
church
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
Any predictions on who will be the Reds next manager?

My guess is Bryan Price
I wouldn't mind Riggleman. He is a no nonsense guy. He demanded that the Nationals extend his contract and when they beat around the bush he departed.

Price is a good pitching coach, but lets leave him at that. He's too much like Dusty as far as personality... a players coach
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
As long as it's not LaRussa. I honestly don't know if I could root for the Reds if they hired him.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #16
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
I don't consider myself a Dusty hater, as I think managers aren't as important as some people think they are. He was a good guy and an average manager. In this town, average is usually acceptable, but Castellini is a good owner who expects excellence. If the reports Ive read are true, Dusty did an honorable thing today. Some are reporting that Jocketty came to him and said they were going to fire Jacoby, and Dusty said if you are going to fire someone, fire me. I don't care for Jacoby, but I'm glad in the age of excuses that someone was actually accountable if it is true. I hope they don't hire a big name just to hire a big name. I hope they look at Pete Mackanin, he was a scout and he did a good job after Narron got fired for half a season. I will always remember when he benched Griffey Jr. because he didnt run out a ground ball, and then Junior pouted. That is a manager who pushes his players to be there best and won't accept laziness, I like it. I am always wary of the Barry Larkin-type hires. Good players dont usually become great managers, it would be a big risk. I like Davey Johnsosn, but I don't think he would be interested in managing us.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
I forgot 1 other name-Corky Miller for player-manager!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #18
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
I think the most critical management move to be made for the Reds is to fire Jacoby...this team cannot hit consistently and has not been able to for a long time...the Cards do not rely on the HR and they put the bat on the ball...Jacoby has not proven anything since he has been here...I know he was Dusty's guy, but Dusty isn't here anymore...not sure if Eric Davis is ready to be a MLB hitting coach, but I would love to have him in the dugout somewhere...Riggleman is not the answer...just look at Louisville and their play...I too would like the Reds to look at Mackinan (however you spell/pronounce it)...with this current roster, this team needs a coach like Pinella...I hope the Reds made a good decision...
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
I think the most critical management move to be made for the Reds is to fire Jacoby...this team cannot hit consistently and has not been able to for a long time...the Cards do not rely on the HR and they put the bat on the ball...Jacoby has not proven anything since he has been here...I know he was Dusty's guy, but Dusty isn't here anymore...not sure if Eric Davis is ready to be a MLB hitting coach, but I would love to have him in the dugout somewhere...Riggleman is not the answer...just look at Louisville and their play...I too would like the Reds to look at Mackinan (however you spell/pronounce it)...with this current roster, this team needs a coach like Pinella...I hope the Reds made a good decision...
all this the reds need a stern manager is foolish. What the reds need is a RH hitting LF that can bat in the middle of the order. Talent is what wins games not a firery manager.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #20
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
The Cincy Enquirer is reporting that the Braves might have interest in a Phillips for Uggla deal - wouldn't be a fan of that one. They quote a Braves beat writer.

David O'Brien @ajcbraves

Hearing #Braves would have interest in #Reds 2B Phillips if Cincy takes Uggla in deal. ATL probably have to include a top prospect.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...hillips-trade/
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote