Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #381
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It comes down to that age old question:

Does he want to just make a team and be in the NBA? Or does he want a shot at guaranteed money and a career?

Obviously he could still have a legit NBA career as a 2nd round pick, but the chances aren't as good. If he is one of the top players in college next year, he should be a 1st round pick.
More will be on his shoulders next year, he will score more. He in my opinion needs the pushing to be the main man to really sure out his potential. We're so balanced, they just don't know how truly great he is as a player. Staying will only help him get drafted higher.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #382
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I dunno, If I’m Evans, I’m striking while the iron is hot

He is one injury from never having a chance
I agree, if I were him I would go. What's he going to improve coming back that he can't improve in the league where he will have the best people teaching him.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #383
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I agree, if I were him I would go. What's he going to improve coming back that he can't improve in the league where he will have the best people teaching him.
WRONG ON ALL ACCOUNTS!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #384
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
WRONG ON ALL ACCOUNTS!
Huh?

What’s wrong with his analysis ?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #385
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
My take is that he may be UC's best player, and by that I mean is a better fit for the NBA than Gary Clark. But how good is he compared to let's say Bluiett ?
I believe you can learn more by playing, and not by sitting the bench.
When do the pros have time to practice--they are travelling 24/7. The NBA coaches are a bunch of glorified babysitters.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #386
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Huh?

What’s wrong with his analysis ?
What's wrong is if your not a guaranteed first rounder, you don't leave. When your considered a second round draft pick, young and will be the man next year, you can raise your stock. A lot of people will say well what if he gets hurt, well he would still probably be a second round draft pick. If I was him I would talk to scouts, ask what he needs to get better at and then work until your better. There's a million really really good players in the d league wishing they would have at least stayed in school one more year. Better to open up new arena, be there man and show what you have worked on, then float around the g league. He will be asked to do more next year, the more you ask of Evans, the more he shoots, the more aggressive, the better her will be viewed, the more results.

Last edited by Defense first; 02-05-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #387
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
What's wrong is if your not a guaranteed first rounder, you don't leave. When your considered a second round draft pick, young and will be the man next year, you can raise your stock. A lot of people will say well what if he gets hurt, well he would still probably be a second round draft pick. If I was him I would talk to scouts, ask what he needs to get better at and then work until your better. There's a million really really good players in the d league wishing they would have at least stayed in school one more year. Better to open up new arena, be there man and show what you have worked on, then float around the g league. He will be asked to do more next year, the more you ask of Evans, the more he shoots, the more aggressive, the better her will be viewed, the more results.
I also believe he is back unless he gets guaranteed 1st round money.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #388
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
If he is a late first rounder he better go is all I’m saying. If he doesn’t, it’s not a smart move. He would be one acl tear from never getting a chance.

And in terms of Trevon blueitt comparison. He has what TB wishes he had; size and athleticism and the ability to defend.

Blueitt would have to play the 2 guard in the nba. I can’t think of a 2 guard in the nba who he could guard and they don’t play zone in the nba.

Blueitt at best can hope to be a guy off the bench who scores quickly. Evans however could have defined role as a 3 and D defender.

I’m all for Evans leaving early, making a bunch of money and also showing you Dan get drafted from cincinnati. Sure I think he should come back if he isn’t a 1st rounder but my guess is his stock only rises once get test his vertical and then do his interviews.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:30 PM   #389
Fullam33

Fullam33 is on a distinguished road
I think March will be the deciding factor for Evans. If we make a splash in the tourney and Evans goes off that will definitely raise his stock.
Fullam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #390
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Who are our projected starters at both forward and the center position next year?
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote