Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #391
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Who are our projected starters at both forward and the center position next year?
I would guess:

PF: Scott
C: Brooks

1st big off the bench Nsoseme
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #392
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
My take is that he may be UC's best player, and by that I mean is a better fit for the NBA than Gary Clark. But how good is he compared to let's say Bluiett ?
I believe you can learn more by playing, and not by sitting the bench.
When do the pros have time to practice--they are travelling 24/7. The NBA coaches are a bunch of glorified babysitters.
don't have time to practice? That's literally all they do. Their job is to play basketball. They can focus on that all day, everyday. Yeah they don't have as many official "practices", but they have the best coaches in the world working with them on each individual skill. (shooting, dribbling, etc...). If you don't think NBA coaches know basketball, I don't know what to tell you.
Also, compared to Bluiett, Evans is a better NBA prospect. It's a more athletic, open game, and Bluiett isn't a great athlete. That's why there hasn't been much interest.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #393
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
I would guess:

PF: Scott
C: Brooks

1st big off the bench Nsoseme
Does that give any UC fans confidence or will next year be a complete rebuild, especially if Evans leaves? Those 3 really haven’t shown any low post moves or scoring ability. Are there any big time front court players we can sign this spring who could come in and start next year at either F or C position?
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #394
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

I think we’ll be fine at the guard position with Broome and Cumberland and Moore and Williams. What’s the scoop on Diarra? Is he hurt? In blowout games our walkons get playing time but Diarra doesn’t.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #395
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does that give any UC fans confidence or will next year be a complete rebuild, especially if Evans leaves? Those 3 really haven’t shown any low post moves or scoring ability. Are there any big time front court players we can sign this spring who could come in and start next year at either F or C position?
I think we will still be ok. If Evans leaves, probably a top 30 team, if he stays, probably a top 15 team. We will definitely have to change some things. Probably more dribble drive stuff.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #396
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who are our projected starters at both forward and the center position next year?
Could be a few things:

Scott
Brooks

Scott
Nsoseme

Cumberland/Moore/Evans at "2-4"
Brooks

Cumberland/Moore/Evans at "2-4"
Nsoseme

Maybe Williams improves and has a say. Maybe Diarra. Maybe a grad transfer. Maybe something else.

I'd bet
Broome
Cumberland
Moore
Evans
Nsoseme
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #397
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

But does anyone know why Diarra isn’t seeing the court before our non scholarship players right now?
Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #398
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But does anyone know why Diarra isn’t seeing the court before our non scholarship players right now?
Redshirted
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #399
Binturong

Binturong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coach Cronin stated after the game last night they are putting in for Diarra's redshirt. They can't play him if they want to get that approved by the NCAA.
Binturong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #400
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
They might be hoping to count this as a redshirt year for Diarra. But that's just my speculation. I have no idea what the rules are.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote