Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #611
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I can't believe we blew a 22 point lead in under 11 minutes. 5 of us on this board might be able to hold on to that lead. I mean seriously think about it...who is the #351 team? Even at our best and their worst it'd be hard to outscore them by 24 in that amount of time. We did the impossible. Cronin looked at Marvin Lewis's most impossible playoff loss and said hold my beer.

And what will be different next time? He sounded like he was over it on the radio show. Maybe just putting on a good face...and god I hope so. Bc if this doesn't eat at him forever, he shouldn't be coaching. You can't get over the biggest 2nd half collapse in NCAA Tournament history that quickly. Acting like it doesn't matter and getting defensive is a page right out of the Lewis/Dalton playbook.

This shit makes me sick. It shouldn't be possible. God.
Why do I feel that come Thursday I'll actually be 90%fine...until 7:00 when the cbs opens the show with the final 10 seconds of our game and launch into the "great comeback" story? I'll probably relapse. Dammit.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #612
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Let's face it. Both Wichita and Houston had a chance to beat us in the last seconds and they both blew it. UC was damn lucky to win those games.
Now we're nitpicking wins. I'm done
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #613
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
I might be more pissed about this game now than on Sunday.

Our path couldn't have been easier. A 15 seed, a 22 point lead vs a MW 7 seed, and an 11 seed MVC team to play for the Final 4. So embarrassing.
Thought you were a "conference doesn't matter guy"? On paper, sure those matchups look tasty but you're gonna have to explain how those teams beating B12, ACC, and SEC teams all the sudden become cake walks in our minds when we play them. Just sayin
Old 03-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #614
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
Why do I feel that come Thursday I'll actually be 90%fine...until 7:00 when the cbs opens the show with the final 10 seconds of our game and launch into the "great comeback" story? I'll probably relapse. Dammit.
Just happened for me. Ticker on ESPN with that ******* Loyola/Nevada matchup at 7:07....son of a bitch. More and more disgusted cuz I don't that caliber of a team for a while at UC. This could have been special.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #615
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Thought you were a "conference doesn't matter guy"? On paper, sure those matchups look tasty but you're gonna have to explain how those teams beating B12, ACC, and SEC teams all the sudden become cake walks in our minds when we play them. Just sayin
I'm not a conference doesn't matter guy. I just think it's a lame excuse, when you look at who regularly knocks us out.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #616
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I can't f*cking believe we blew a 22 point lead with under 11 minutes left. Impossible. Had to be significantly harder for us to do that than to make the Final 4. We were 99.9% win probability. Chances to beat Loyola and either KState or Kentucky?

This will never go away. That's all this team will be remembered for at the end of the day. Fair or unfair. I mean think about 10 years from now. Tell me "the Nevada game" isn't the first thing you'll think of when someone brings up this team. Really sad. My immediate reaction was to feel bad for our guys. I don't really feel that bad for anyone anymore. There's no excuse in the world for what took place. It's humiliating.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #617
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@coachthorpe
Which fan base should be the most upset with their coach?
A. Arizona
B. Virginia
C. Cincinnati
D. Michigan State

His choice was UC:
It's 1 thing to have a bad game, another to be a few possessions away from a blowout in the 2nd half and lose a 22 pt lead in regulation to a solid but very unspectacular team who was very fortunate to beat a 1st round opponent that shouldn't have even been there. So, C. Cincy
Old 03-20-2018, 11:17 PM   #618
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
@coachthorpe
Which fan base should be the most upset with their coach?
A. Arizona
B. Virginia
C. Cincinnati
D. Michigan State

His choice was UC:
It's 1 thing to have a bad game, another to be a few possessions away from a blowout in the 2nd half and lose a 22 pt lead in regulation to a solid but very unspectacular team who was very fortunate to beat a 1st round opponent that shouldn't have even been there. So, C. Cincy
Also listened to this guy on a podcast. You would hate him Waite. He says the talent gap in college basketball is shrinking, not getting wider, bc basketball is such a popular and global game these days and the sheer amount of good players available makes it so basically every team has good players. He predicts we'll see more 16 seeds win in the future bc of this. Especially when the top seeds don't have multiple lottery picks, which few teams do.

Idk. Just a different point of view from a guy who has been around the game for a long time. Especially at the HS level.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-20-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #619
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@coachthorpe
As Cincy flirted with getting up 20 I said to my son @MaxThorpe5 "they need to get up 25 and then it's over." I was serious, but at 22 pts I did think it should have been over. Their lack of any plan whatsoever on offense killed them. "Go crash the glass" isn't a plan.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:23 PM   #620
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@coachthorpe
I can tell Cincy works on their rebounding and defense a lot more than running any kind of weaponized offense.