Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 25+ 13 40.63%
UC wins by 15-24 15 46.88%
UC wins by 1-14 4 12.50%
USF wins 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #221
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I bet we use Broome a lot against UCF.
Jake I really hope we see about the same breakdown of minutes between JJ and Cane. That will mean we probably played pretty well against them and JJ and the wings played well.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #222
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I bet we use Broome a lot against UCF.
No doubt. This could be where it all starts. Broome will be much more useful in this game when Tacko is in. But if we start Jenifer in both halves Broome may only get about 10-15 minutes vs Tacko. Tacko will get winded and will only play 10-12 minutes per half.

I am not trying to start this back up but if there were a game to make a switch at starting PG this would probably be the one.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #223
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
No doubt. This could be where it all starts. Broome will be much more useful in this game when Tacko is in. But if we start Jenifer in both halves Broome may only get about 10-15 minutes vs Tacko. Tacko will get winded and will only play 10-12 minutes per half.

I am not trying to start this back up but if there were a game to make a switch at starting PG this would probably be the one.
Agreed, cane is super quick, don't know anyone in there team that can stay in front of him. Also this will be a huge game for Kyle. If he can hit a couple long jump shots it will force taco to leave the middle of the paint. Think we match up as well as you can with UCF. Run and gun.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #224
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is Broome's season high in minutes? And he's max 30 minutes if he sat 4 minutes each half and played the entire 2nd half. Unrealistic to think he would just come in and play straight through. He'd at least need a 2 minute break at some point.
Season highs for Broome: 28 against Florida & 27 against X
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #225
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Season highs for Broome: 28 against Florida & 27 against X
He played 26 against APB too. I don't know if he's played more than 23 minutes in any other game. He led the team in scoring 2 of 3 games 26+ minutes and finished 2nd the other.

There are a lot of ways to look at that stat...but bottom line...he can score against the type of competition we struggle with at times.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #226
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I’m just interested too see if we can force an uptempo game when we have the ball.

I’ve said before but it’s true, it’s easier to slow a team down than it is to speed them up. They will be soft pressing us on makes and misses to get their bigs set.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote