Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #51
Protected1
Banned

Protected1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Yes the X game we did not play defense and the Florida game we just turned the ball over too much. And by the way how was the UCLA game not entertaining?

I am sorry I guess we wont agree on this but this team is entertaining and if you are using the past to judge this team you are missing some good basketball.
The past! I only talked about this season. Ucf ugly, temple ugly, the aforementioned games ugly, buffalo ugly. I want ball movement, cuts back doors, lobs etc.
Protected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #52
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected1 View Post
If our brand of basketball was even mildly entertaining, or if we had somebody, anybody drafted besides Lance in the past ten years, we could have a chance.
our style has very little to do with our inability to compete with the P-5 conference for 5 star recruits. Conference affiliation limits the amount of players we will have opportunity to recruit. Our National identity is hardworking,scrappy group who will out work you to win the game. That is what our program is in today's market. We are WSU and Gonzaga. Very good programs void of 5 star recruits.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #53
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected1 View Post
The past! I only talked about this season. Ucf ugly, temple ugly, the aforementioned games ugly, buffalo ugly. I want ball movement, cuts back doors, lobs etc.
Temple was ugly. UCF the Bearcats didn't shoot well (they never do there) but the ball movement was good and they were getting good shots. UCLA was an amazingly fun game. They DOMINATED and scored 77 points on the road at Pauley. Not sure what you are watching.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:10 PM   #54
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Temple was ugly. UCF the Bearcats didn't shoot well (they never do there) but the ball movement was good and they were getting good shots. UCLA was an amazingly fun game. They DOMINATED and scored 77 points on the road at Pauley. Not sure what you are watching.
I believe he had "other stuff" going on during the UCLA game.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #55
Protected1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I believe he had "other stuff" going on during the UCLA game.
Great thanks for the childish insult. What about the other games? I'm sure those were pleasing to the eye.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:54 PM   #56
Protected1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
our style has very little to do with our inability to compete with the P-5 conference for 5 star recruits. Conference affiliation limits the amount of players we will have opportunity to recruit. Our National identity is hardworking,scrappy group who will out work you to win the game. That is what our program is in today's market. We are WSU and Gonzaga. Very good programs void of 5 star recruits.
We are WSU and gonzaga without the tourney success or conference titles. I ha reading this board for years. I know the arguments you are gonna make about why we don't get 5 stars but we are Cincinnati dammit!!! We don't make excuses. We get it done. No more reasons why not! We can do it dammit
Old 01-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #57
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
It's a slow day no game for a couple of days so looks like this thread heated up LOL
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #58
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Things don't sound very promising with Gaffney. Sucks that we can't contend with 5 star recruits....even when their parents played at UC.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....n-early-stages
I really want him, but in think we need a tourney run to get some 4 and 5 stars.
That said, if he goes to o$u I'm gonna puke.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #59
ZCat
Elite Member

I also think it's nice his dad played for us, but I don't know how far that would take us unless he grew up a fan. Let's look at it the other way.

What if he was a borderline 3-star and not a tough kid. Would we offer him a scholarship just because his dad played for us?

Mick did not offer Justin Jackson's brother. He was hoping he would grow taller but he didn't. Loyalty will only get you so far.

They're only 13 scholarships or whatever. Now if you own your own company and you have 1,000 employees, you can give a spot to someone and loyalty take you a little bit further.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #60
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Season ticket holders never see losses. That by itself is entertaining in any form. If we win this weekend, we'll be at 44-6 last 2 years in the regular season. That's insane.
Yeah and longest home winning streak in the country.