Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #61
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected1 View Post
If our brand of basketball was even mildly entertaining, or if we had somebody, anybody drafted besides Lance in the past ten years, we could have a chance.
Super entertaining team!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #62
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We are WSU and gonzaga without the tourney success or conference titles. I ha reading this board for years. I know the arguments you are gonna make about why we don't get 5 stars but we are Cincinnati dammit!!! We don't make excuses. We get it done. No more reasons why not! We can do it dammit
I like you enthusiasm but unfortunately it's just not reality.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #63
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Great thanks for the childish insult. What about the other games? I'm sure those were pleasing to the eye.
? I really thought that's why you said you didn't post during that game. Is that wrong?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #64
Protected1
Banned

Protected1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
? I really thought that's why you said you didn't post during that game. Is that wrong?
Yes it's wrong
Protected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #65
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
The past! I only talked about this season. Ucf ugly, temple ugly, the aforementioned games ugly, buffalo ugly. I want ball movement, cuts back doors, lobs etc.
More of that would be nice, but I'm loving this year. I would like to see a baseline pick for a JE lob. That would be great!
Old 01-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #66
ZCat
Elite Member

Kmart's son is a different story. If he was borderline I'd take him in a heartbeat. That would have his dad around a lot. Imagine a #1 overall draft pick around when recruits come to town.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #67
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I dunno about you guys but I have very little interest in one and done players.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #68
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I dunno about you guys but I have very little interest in one and done players.
Me either. I enjoy our program and I absolutely love when we beat them. Gary Clark and Jacob Evans may never see a day in the NBA but I wouldn't trade either of them for anyone on Kentucky's team. I fully embrace the concept of student athletes and I am totally against any rule that says these kids must do a year in college before being eligible for the NBA draft. You can't believe those kids even finish the year. As soon as the season is over many stop going to class.

As for Gaffney if we aren't a big enough program for him then best of luck and next man up.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-19-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #69
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Yeah who wants 1 and done players....oh that's right, teams that win championships!

Can you imagine if Mick had been able to add a 1 and done player to this years team?

Remember Kenyon's senior year? Dermarr Johnson ring a bell?

You add a 1 and done player to the right roster by themselves...or multiple 1 and dones and you have a chance to win a championship. I want that. Pretty sure we all do! I'm all for building a program with 3-4 year players, but if you don't sprinkle in the occasional 1 and done in this college basketball climate it's hard to compete in March.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #70
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah who wants 1 and done players....oh that's right, teams that win championships!

Can you imagine if Mick had been able to add a 1 and done player to this years team?

Remember Kenyon's senior year? Dermarr Johnson ring a bell?

You add a 1 and done player to the right roster by themselves...or multiple 1 and dones and you have a chance to win a championship. I want that. Pretty sure we all do! I'm all for building a program with 3-4 year players, but if you don't sprinkle in the occasional 1 and done in this college basketball climate it's hard to compete in March.
I really can't argue your point and I certainly would take a one and done player if he wants to come aboard but I enjoy the program for much more then how it does in March. Graduation rates mean something to me. Watching these kids mature and grow means something to me. Seeing them represent our university as true student athletes means something to me. If all you want is a good basketball team lets stop the charades and pay these kids and be done with it. Sorry for the rant but I guess I'm old school. I also watched a son who was a D-1 athlete work his butt off get a degree. I fully understand the time and effort it takes to be successful at both. What is happening in college athletics is not about what is best for the kids. I love our program and have no desire to turn it into KY for a win or two more in March.