Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Uconn to Big East?

Anyone else tracking this? I find it funny that uconn can't even pull their weight in the aac and believes the big east would be a better conference for them. Typical, blaming their failures on a conference... If uconn, Memphis, and temple could be more than a shadow of their former selves this conference would be pretty good for basketball with us, smu, and Houston.

Anyway, if they were to leave who would we want to replace them? Vcu? Wichita st?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Honestly though, it would devastating if they left.

As a guy who only cares about basketball, I'd rather Join the big east with them and stay AAC for basketball only if we had the chance
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
Jrmytg

Jrmytg is on a distinguished road
I had to go track this down, it seems like it's nothing Uconn is confirming. More or less just gossip, what conference would want Uconn? And not UC or Memphis or Houston, from various sports vision. Uconn does not make the AAC, UC and SMU have more say then them. The AAC does need to look towards expansion to keep these great basketball schools around. 12 team basketball conference.

VCU
Wichita St.
Jrmytg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Honestly though, it would devastating if they left.

As a guy who only cares about basketball, I'd rather Join the big east with them and stay AAC for basketball only if we had the chance
I agree, tough to replace. However, I think they believe somehow that the big east is a huge step up that will turn their program around from the decline they are on. That's not the case... If these schools would do what they have historically done the top half of the aac could rival the top half of the big east.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmytg View Post
I had to go track this down, it seems like it's nothing Uconn is confirming. More or less just gossip, what conference would want Uconn? And not UC or Memphis or Houston, from various sports vision. Uconn does not make the AAC, UC and SMU have more say then them. The AAC does need to look towards expansion to keep these great basketball schools around. 12 team basketball conference.

VCU
Wichita St.
I think there is interest in all sports other than football. They would need to find a home for football, I can only assume if they left the aac in all sports other than football the aac would tell them to take a hike. They would end up in conf usa for football.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Why would the AAC let UConn stay for football only? Will they have to go Independent?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Why would the AAC let UConn stay for football only? Will they have to go Independent?
I think that's the rub for them. While the aac isn't a p5 it's much better than the next g6 conference. So they would need to find a spot in c-usa or the mac for football only.

I'm sure the aac wouldn't let then stay for football only... They are awful at football and they would be screwing the conference by taking basketball.