Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #11
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
What’s the latest with your recruitment? Iowa State’s involved. Who are some of the other serious contenders?

Ole Miss, Memphis, SMU, Cincinnati…there’s a couple
So you're saying he's our next PG?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #12
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
So you're saying he's our next PG?
No...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
BearcatRip

BearcatRip is on a distinguished road
This article says we are involved with PG Alex Lomax. Seems to be a Longshot....

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....natural-leader
BearcatRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #14
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
http://247sports.com/Article/Catchin...yclo-105416688

Mentions nothing really about us. I guessed that it would come down to Llewellyn or Harris. Boy was I wrong
You never know which names will stick this time of year. Once we hear about a guy being on campus, I'll start taking predictions a little more seriously.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #15
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
You never know which names will stick this time of year. Once we hear about a guy being on campus, I'll start taking predictions a little more seriously.
Good point. Get them to come on campus and then it gets serious.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Anyone have a better way to do a Twitter search for updates for this guy? Tyler Harris is a common enough name that it really messes up the search results.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@PrepHoopsTN
Coaches Tyler Harris maintains a strong bond with include: Mick Cronin, Steve Prohm, Andy Kennedy. Willie Glover (Colorado St. AC), etc.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@mgiannotto
Team Thad/Cordova PG Tyler Harris said today Tubby Smith recently called and told him he's "a top priority" for Memphis in 2018 class.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@franfraschilla
Memphis mighty-mite, Tyler Harris, has been impressive @StephenCurry30 Select Camp. Tortured a couple of Top 100 PG's https://t.co/MADPXxhJu1
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

The more I think about it, the easier I think it will be for us to land a good PG in this class.

Pros:
-Every chance to be a 3 year starter for a Top 15 team (2 if it's someone who thinks they can go pro)
- Play for a coach who was a PG himself
-Open the new arena
-Win conference titles/tournaments
-Not just in the tournament, but a chance for a good seed

Coach Cronin's teams have always taken on the personality of the PG. Each "era" under Cronin is defined by the PG. From Cash, to Caupain, to Broome now. If we get good PG play, the sky is the limit. Ever since the "switch" in recruiting style to more adaptable basketball players, I've been more optimistic about our chances to put together a run in March. We can be as good as the engine that runs things. So when a guy like Harris describes how he wants to play in college, our answer is "Ok, sure. We can make that work." Bc we legitimately have guys who can play any kind of game. If Harris were to take over as a SO, he'd have guys to run in transition in a faster style game. And he'd have guys who can get a bucket, or spot up from 3 on a drive and dish. He'd also have a big guy like Diarra who can hopefully pick and pop. Plus, Nsoseme and Brooks who are team guys who would be more than happy to drag their man out beyond the 3 pt line for a pick and roll game. Those guys are also mobile enough to crash to the rim.

Taking the reins at a Top 15 program is a big responsibility. Not just any dude is going to come in here and run things for 3 years for Cronin. We have a huge winning streak at home right now, we'll be opening a new arena, we basically expect to win every conference game, have guys all over the conference award lists, etc. We should expect to land a very good player. Coach has hit a homerun on at least 1 HS player for several recruiting classes in a row. The PG spot is where he has his eyes set for this year. At this point I hope it's harris. BUT even if we have to wait until the spring, I'm going to believe that when the dust settles, our coaching staff will get their guy.