Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 31+ 7 26.92%
UC wins by 21-30 17 65.38%
UC wins by 1-20 1 3.85%
ECU wins 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #91
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I'm just wondering... is this where broome starts getting his minutes. Jenifer has barely played
Post game Mick mentioned
- obviously Cane was the one whom played better today. It was just a phrase, but made me feel like this is not a turning point, but if Cane keeps doing 6 asst 0 to he will continue to get more PT.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #92
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Post game Mick mentioned
- obviously Cane was the one whom played better today. It was just a phrase, but made me feel like this is not a turning point, but if Cane keeps doing 6 asst 0 to he will continue to get more PT.
Yeah, he is a coach though. Still gotta kee his players happy. But he has to see we are better with him in
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #93
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinecat View Post
I know it’s the old back-up QB syndrome but damn it if I don’t love the kid. He’s gonna average 8 blocks a game as a senior. He had 5 rebounds and 3 blocks in 4 minutes today.
Haha he's so fun to watch when he's in. He could accidentally elbow someone in the head at any time.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #94
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Jesus Christ.

If you want to go get your blood boiling, go visit the ECU game thread on Reddit.

So many unhappy bearcats fans. All for the stupidest reasons.

I mean I was at the game, and I didn't have an ounce of panic.

I really think old school UC fans come out of the woodwork when UC is about to return to the top 10 just to voice how bad Cronin is compared to hugs and they almost don't want UC to succeed because they want to be right.

At least thats the vibe I get.

I haven't posted about the game, but I thought this game was never in doubt, and that UC played some not so good defense so they could focus on the offensive end and they deserve it. We didn't lose and we got to play pretty lose for a half and then tighten it up at the half.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #95
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Jesus Christ.

If you want to go get your blood boiling, go visit the ECU game thread on Reddit.

I really think old school UC fans come out of the woodwork when UC is about to return to the top 10 just to voice how bad Cronin is compared to hugs and they almost don't want UC to succeed because they want to be right.

I haven't posted about the game, but I thought this game was never in doubt, and that UC played some not so good defense so they could focus on the offensive end and they deserve it. We didn't lose and we got to play pretty lose for a half and then tighten it up at the half.
Could careless. Mick isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-21-2018 at 04:17 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #96
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jesus Christ.

I don't think we played great in the first half but like you I never thought the game was in doubt. Unless it's Xavier,a guy going 5 for 5 is going to come back to earth in the second half and that was alot of their offense of the first half.

That said, we were playing ECU and it has now become a trend for us to play poor until Broome starts getting his playing time. That is 100% on coaching and something I feel is valid for people to complain about. Against good teams we can't continue to play slow and bad the first 5-10min...see Xavier game.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #97
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jesus Christ.

I am surprised if there are still people living in that morass. I love Hugg’s but he is long gone. I was bitter for a while but we have moved on. We are a different program and I accept it as it is and hope for the best. Right now I am concerned that we are going to go into the tournament prepared to play at the level of our conference but that will not be good enough. It is like Gary said, when we played X our D was not calibrated to its level so we got beat. Not that we can’t play at that level but just aren’t. Hope for a good draw.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #98
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I am surprised if there are still people living in that morass. I love Hugg’s but he is long gone. I was bitter for a while but we have moved on. We are a different program and I accept it as it is and hope for the best. Right now I am concerned that we are going to go into the tournament prepared to play at the level of our conference but that will not be good enough. It is like Gary said, when we played X our D was not calibrated to its level so we got beat. Not that we can’t play at that level but just aren’t. Hope for a good draw.
UC made a concerted effort to be better defensively after the Xavier game.

IF we played Xavier today on a neutral court, I'd feel pretty good about that matchup.

And I actually take nothing from that Xavier loss except that we suck at Cintas. We haven't played like that since.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #99
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I honestly am not worried about how well we start a game. Its a completely irrelevant stat for this team.

Once UC gets the lead, they keep it.

Playing from behind ignites and wakes this team up.

We've won 10 in a row including 2 Tier 1 road wins. I'm not changing anything until something breaks.

Right now, Canes punch off the bench is more than the defense can handle and its a second gear they dont have
Old 01-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #100
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Did anyone mention T Moore coming in and getting after it on d then diving for the ball and hitting the floor a bunch of times bc he was so jacked up? I love it. That's what it's all about. It's awesome having a player like that as a FR. Similar to Broome bringing energy off the bench, Moore can do it to in a number of ways. Really excited about him and glad we have a personality like that on the team for years to come. Fan favorite. I can already see him getting the crowd in a frenzy in the new arena after plays like that in a couple years.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote