Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #401
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
The two bolded parts seem rather contradicting, but to each his own.

It baffles me how I see many different posters here act like they're the *only one* that's hard on Cronin. This board is not littered with a bunch of blind sheep that support Cronin 100%, and it's never been that way. Some like him a lot, some despise him, and I'd guess most are somewhere in the middle. That. Is. It. I recommend some of you quit generalizing and acting like you're the one person that has it figured out, and everyone that disagrees with you is stupid.

End rant.
Agreed. I've seen even some of the biggest supporters question if he's the right guy for the future. And some have even put a clock on when they need to see something different.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #402
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Agreed. I've seen even some of the biggest supporters question if he's the right guy for the future. And some have even put a clock on when they need to see something different.
Jacob, the problem is that their clock is like daylight savings time. It keeps getting set back. I remember when these same supporters said 6-7 years. then it was 8 or 9. Then it was 10. Now we have to get him a new arena. Then we have to get him in the Big 12. When those two fail, it'll get set back again waiting until he gets a plane. It's a never ending list. We keep spending more and more money on this guy and the results are the same, or possibly (considering 3 of 4 years getting knocked out in the 1st round) worse. We know who his supporters are and the fact that they are suddenly establishing a timetable, is really not a change.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #403
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Jacob, the problem is that their clock is like daylight savings time. It keeps getting set back. I remember when these same supporters said 6-7 years. then it was 8 or 9. Then it was 10. Now we have to get him a new arena. Then we have to get him in the Big 12. When those two fail, it'll get set back again waiting until he gets a plane. It's a never ending list. We keep spending more and more money on this guy and the results are the same, or possibly (considering 3 of 4 years getting knocked out in the 1st round) worse. We know who his supporters are and the fact that they are suddenly establishing a timetable, is really not a change.
There you go again with the generalizing of all Cronin supporters. I literally just pointed this out in my last post lol. Broken flipping record.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #404
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
There you go again with the generalizing of all Cronin supporters. I literally just pointed this out in my last post lol. Broken flipping record.
I'm sorry if your sensitive about the truth.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #405
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
L-T I am not dissatisfied with the Program. Why do you find it necessary to convince me that is wrong. Your entitled to your opinion. Your not happy with the teams performance. That is OK with me. There is no right or wrong answer. If you want to vent about your frustrations with the Coach have at it. You invest your time and money. This is a chat site. People post things to get a response. I'm assuming that is why you post. Actually I feel a bit disappointed for you. I'm a reds fan and the team is doing terrible. I still will buy my season tickets and go to the games hoping for a win but I'll complain to anyone about how I wish things were better. For those who do not like your post they have two options replay or don't reply.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #406
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
L-T I am not dissatisfied with the Program. Why do you find it necessary to convince me that is wrong. Your entitled to your opinion. Your not happy with the teams performance. That is OK with me. There is no right or wrong answer. If you want to vent about your frustrations with the Coach have at it. You invest your time and money. This is a chat site. People post things to get a response. I'm assuming that is why you post. Actually I feel a bit disappointed for you. I'm a reds fan and the team is doing terrible. I still will buy my season tickets and go to the games hoping for a win but I'll complain to anyone about how I wish things were better. For those who do not like your post they have two options replay or don't reply.
Waite, I could care less if anyone responds to my post, or if anyone has me on ignore. I'm a fan. Not a run-of-the-mill fan, a very big fan. I've invested my love, my time, my money, my emotions, you name it....in this program...for pretty much my entire life. This is a fan forum...a place to discuss the good and bad of the program. I happen to have a very high opinion, and a very high expectation of this program. Mick Cronin will never keep me away from this program, or keep me away from commenting on it.. He is a very high paid employee of the University of Cincinnati, nothing more, nothing less. I would assume when we are paying a coach one of the top 20 salaries in the men's college basketball, that we are not expecting him to deliver somewhere near top 40 or top 50 performance. We are expecting him to deliver performance at or near the level we are paying him. We could pay much less than $2.5 Million and still get top 40 or 50 results. His recruiting is nowhere near top 20, and our team is nowhere near top 20 in most seasons.

By all means, don't feel disappointed for me. Feel happy for me, because I still care enough about this program to come on a site like this and comment on it. Don't you understand that there is a whole city full of fans who think just like me, but don't care enough any more to populate these sites, nor do they care enough to attend games. Me....I'm still going to games and still cheering and still having fun....doing my thing. The coach is a big disappointment to me, but it's still UC Basketball and I will take that compassion for it to the grave with me. When Cronin raises the bar, I'll give him credit. Until then, I'll tell it like it is.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #407
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Waite, I could care less if anyone responds to my post, or if anyone has me on ignore. I'm a fan. Not a run-of-the-mill fan, a very big fan. I've invested my love, my time, my money, my emotions, you name it....in this program...for pretty much my entire life. This is a fan forum...a place to discuss the good and bad of the program. I happen to have a very high opinion, and a very high expectation of this program. Mick Cronin will never keep me away from this program, or keep me away from commenting on it.. He is a very high paid employee of the University of Cincinnati, nothing more, nothing less. I would assume when we are paying a coach one of the top 20 salaries in the men's college basketball, that we are not expecting him to deliver somewhere near top 40 or top 50 performance. We are expecting him to deliver performance at or near the level we are paying him. We could pay much less than $2.5 Million and still get top 40 or 50 results. His recruiting is nowhere near top 20, and our team is nowhere near top 20 in most seasons.

By all means, don't feel disappointed for me. Feel happy for me, because I still care enough about this program to come on a site like this and comment on it. Don't you understand that there is a whole city full of fans who think just like me, but don't care enough any more to populate these sites, nor do they care enough to attend games. Me....I'm still going to games and still cheering and still having fun....doing my thing. The coach is a big disappointment to me, but it's still UC Basketball and I will take that compassion for it to the grave with me. When Cronin raises the bar, I'll give him credit. Until then, I'll tell it like it is.
Don't agree with you but respect your passion and support.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #408
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Don't agree with you but respect your passion and support.
Fair enough!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #409
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Another thread derailed
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:33 AM   #410
coverley

coverley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Another thread derailed
Agree, the same thing over and over and over.
coverley is offline   Reply With Quote