Old 05-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #371
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
SK averaged 20.6 PPG
Last year Cumberland was 11.5

That''s not a small difference. Obviously different situations and roster makeups. But that's a big gap for Cumberland just to get even with by this year.

And as for the rest of the team next year, no player has ever averaged 8 ppg at UC. So to knock the supporting cast of SK's team and act like we have so much more now...yeah maybe on paper it looks like it could be that way. But no one has proven it. We *hope* Broome can score more this year. Do we know it'll be more than what Jackson scored? And then what? Fredericks who hasn't played a single game yet? Will he be as valuable as SR year Rubles? Do we know that? Wasn't Rubles like the #2 JUCO player? I like Scott more than most but I'm not sure he's really a 10 ppg guy.

The thing is, when you have a guy scoring 20 ppg, and you play a style that is made to limit possessions, you can't really expect many other guys to have eye popping numbers. So if we think Cumberland can make that leap, there just isn't much left after a couple other guys to score in double figures. You can't be 330th in pace and have a bunch of guys scoring unless you shoot a ridiculous percentage.

Plus, that SK SR year team lost to 12 seed Harvard in the 1st round. I won't be excited if this year's team resembles that one from that standpoint, or a style of play standpoint. But like I've said before, Cumberland conserving energy throughout the season is a perfect excuse for Mick to be the rockfight coach we all know he wants to be.
It's crazy how negative youve become. You told people all season, it's about the accomplishments of the season not just the tourney. Yet once we lost in the tourney it's been bash mick over everything, bash the team and underestimate our players. Dude we all still sit and think about what ifs and whys over last years finish. But when does it end? I guarantee you we have an 11ppg guy and a 7ppg guy on our team this year. Our supporting cast is MUCH better then SK sr year. Maybe not defensively, but offensively that are far more gifted. And when you're talking Cumberlands average last year vs SK senior year, of course it was a huge difference. But he's going from fourth to first option. I'd be really surprised if Jaron doesn't average nearly 20 this season, and I'd bet he's over 17 for sure.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #372
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It's crazy how negative youve become. You told people all season, it's about the accomplishments of the season not just the tourney. Yet once we lost in the tourney it's been bash mick over everything, bash the team and underestimate our players. Dude we all still sit and think about what ifs and whys over last years finish. But when does it end? I guarantee you we have an 11ppg guy and a 7ppg guy on our team this year. Our supporting cast is MUCH better then SK sr year. Maybe not defensively, but offensively that are far more gifted. And when you're talking Cumberlands average last year vs SK senior year, of course it was a huge difference. But he's going from fourth to first option. I'd be really surprised if Jaron doesn't average nearly 20 this season, and I'd bet he's over 17 for sure.
First bolded part: What are you basing that on? What you hope?

Second bolded part: That's why I said obviously different situations and different roster makeup. But it's still a big gap to close.

I don't see what's so negative about my post tbh. Sorry I don't buy into things blindly? And you once again seem to not realize that the biggest collapse in NCAA Tournament history changes things for some people. Not you, obviously. But for some of us, it really creates doubt. Especially when the returning team only accounted for 50% of the scoring for a program that struggles for offense.

I'm not going to be all rainbows and sunshine. So probably stop reading my posts. Especially if the one above is even too much for you to handle.

This isn't a propaganda site. And if you think UC fans aren't/shouldn't be concerned about next season, you have your head buried in the sand.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #373
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I don't know about sunshine and rainbows but I am expecting a very good year. I am convinced in huge jumps for Keith W./ Cane B./ Trevon S. and some improvement in Nysier B. and Trevor M. Hopefully Logan J./ Fredericks and Hardnett? can be adequate.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #374
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Second bolded part: That's why I said obviously different situations and different roster makeup. But it's still a big gap to close.

I don't see what's so negative about my post tbh. Sorry I don't buy into things blindly? And you once again seem to not realize that the biggest collapse in NCAA Tournament history changes things for some people. Not you, obviously. But for some of us, it really creates doubt. Especially when the returning team only accounted for 50% of the scoring for a program that struggles for offense.

I'm not going to be all rainbows and sunshine. So probably stop reading my posts. Especially if the one above is even too much for you to handle.

This isn't a propaganda site. And if you think UC fans aren't/shouldn't be concerned about next season, you have your head buried in the sand.
I'm not concerned, so call me an ostrich. And I'm basing it off what I saw all year, not what I hope, but what I expect. I'm disappointed, but I don't doubt all of our talent now because of what happened. We still got six months, I'll stay positive til they give me a reason to doubt them.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #375
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I wouldn't be concerned based on the fact that every year we lose players and yet every year we are back in the tournament.

I kind of agree with the SK senior year comparison. It is similar in that our offense will flow through one player (Cumberland) but our offense especially in the backcourt is going to be much better next year compared to SK's senior season. Backcourt's rule college basketball and we are going to have an above average one next year with Cumberland and Broome.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #376
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Ok I got bored and put together the next 3 years of Bearcats starting lineups. And I think I like everything I see with Year 3 starting 5 looking really good (Obviously need bench players and bigs).

Here is next season (2018-19):

Here is 19-20:

Here is 2020-21:
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #377
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Ok I got bored and put together the next 3 years of Bearcats starting lineups. And I think I like everything I see with Year 3 starting 5 looking really good (Obviously need bench players and bigs).

Here is next season (2018-19):

Here is 19-20:

Here is 2020-21:
Looks pretty lean! I think you did it again.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #378
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Looks pretty lean! I think you did it again.
Its working fine on my Mac, Just not showing the images on my iPhone
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #379
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Its working fine on my Mac, Just not showing the images on my iPhone
Still not showing up on my devices. I was able to see the one you posted in the AAC forum however.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #380
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
I love playing the future game, but no one can see the future and ever predict several years ago Jermaine Lawrence would be a total bust and Clark would be an all time program player.

We just have to hit another Home run with Logan Johnson, Samari Curtis, someone.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote