Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #811
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
Cobb was signed in May- Washington in June, I trust that Mick will find serviceable parts to this year or next.
Lance signed on June 30th, as well. I am not saying that we will get someone of his caliber but no one has any clue to confidently to say that we are done right now.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #812
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I really hope we don't go into next year with 10 active scholarship players. Especially when most have never contributed in a Bearcat uniform. I'm starting to get nervous...i don't know a lot about recruiting, but it doesn't seem like a good sign that we can't come up with a single name of a player who could help us next year.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #813
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I really hope we don't go into next year with 10 active scholarship players. Especially when most have never contributed in a Bearcat uniform. I'm starting to get nervous...i don't know a lot about recruiting, but it doesn't seem like a good sign that we can't come up with a single name of a player who could help us next year.
Finding someone with the talent to help us and come off the bench is not a easy task.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #814
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Sometimes I think Mick's problem with recruiting is he is too good of a person to lie to 18 year old kids and tell them what they want to hear.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:26 PM   #815
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Sometimes I think Mick's problem with recruiting is he is too good of a person to lie to 18 year old kids and tell them what they want to hear.
Lol. That's a new one.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #816
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
SMH
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:39 AM   #817
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm completely fine with that.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #818
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I'm completely fine with that.
I remember Jenifer saying he was told he'd play a lot right away. He was excited about that...but it wasn't true. Let's not kid ourselves here.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #819
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
It's not looking good. Whomever chip miller was referring to seems to not be out there. Tried to confirm he was talking about 2016 class but haven't heard back via DM of Twitter. At this point if I'm Mick, I save the 2 scholarships til 2017 where it looks like we are in good positon on alot of high level guys. Start recruiting those targets EXTREMELY hard and load up for 2017 class.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #820
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
It's not looking good. Whomever chip miller was referring to seems to not be out there. Tried to confirm he was talking about 2016 class but haven't heard back via DM of Twitter. At this point if I'm Mick, I save the 2 scholarships til 2017 where it looks like we are in good positon on alot of high level guys. Start recruiting those targets EXTREMELY hard and load up for 2017 class.
Maybe I'm wrong but i think I've heard this before. We end up with a few recruits and then "pocketing" the rest a lot.

Just disappointing that the staff cannot complete a roster.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote