Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #61
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
What ?

What the hell are you talking about?
Oh you don't remember bashing us for taking too many 3s?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #62
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What ?

What the hell are you talking about?
I'm not digging through the archives this time. I remember it very clearly, we wouldn't be as good if we kept shooting as many 3s as we were. And I tried to explain to you, when you are shooting almost 40% as a team then you SHOULD be shooting them. But you weren't hearing it..
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #63
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Agreed. Jennifer is interesting to me because his percentage is good but has some really ugly misses still.

small sample sizes can be very misleading. his entire career sample size is small enough where only a couple games can give you a pretty big change in his career numbers. take out his 3 best games of his entire career and his career average goes from 37% to 31%.

he has been hot a couple times over his career and those games have really boosted the overall numbers.

vs a guy like evans that shoots so many, 38% is likely closer to his true percent.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #64
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
small sample sizes can be very misleading. his entire career sample size is small enough where only a couple games can give you a pretty big change in his career numbers. take out his 3 best games of his entire career and his career average goes from 37% to 31%.

he has been hot a couple times over his career and those games have really boosted the overall numbers.

vs a guy like evans that shoots so many, 38% is likely closer to his true percent.
If Jenifer isn't hunting shots, I don't ever mind him taking the 3s that come to him. He has that shot down when given time.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #65
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I'm not digging through the archives this time. I remember it very clearly, we wouldn't be as good if we kept shooting as many 3s as we were. And I tried to explain to you, when you are shooting almost 40% as a team then you SHOULD be shooting them. But you weren't hearing it..
Wrong guy dude

Went back and looked at every single post of mine through this year, I never once said we took too many 3 pointers. You literally have a vendetta against me and Its because your confused.

In fact, in the Cayman Island thread, I mentioned how well we were shooting from 3, basically the same post as I did today and even mentioned Keith as holding us back as a team

Last edited by justinhub2003; 01-03-2018 at 08:35 PM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #66
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
If Jenifer isn't hunting shots, I don't ever mind him taking the 3s that come to him. He has that shot down when given time.

dont know if 'has that shot down' is the correct phrase for it. he only shoots wide open ones and hasn't been hitting since we got out of november.

with as bad as his misses are i'd guess he's much closer to a 30% shooter than 40% shooter if he was taking 150+ a season.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:28 PM   #67
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
dont know if 'has that shot down' is the correct phrase for it. he only shoots wide open ones and hasn't been hitting since we got out of november.

with as bad as his misses are i'd guess he's much closer to a 30% shooter than 40% shooter if he was taking 150+ a season.
I mean, I think thats his point, Jenifer is only taking smart shots. Which mean he will never take 150 3's. As long as his 3's are taken in rhythm and when he is open, he can be a high percentage shooter.

I mean, I don't think anyone is saying Jenifer is an elite shooter. He is a guy who when he has the ball in late clock situations, can hit that shot when left open.

I mean, we can say Jenifer's shot it ugly, but there is a team across town with a starting PG who is shooting a whopping 5% from 3 and his backup with 12%.

Jenifer's shooting is an asset. PERIOD
Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #68
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:

Add in the last 5 games, Jenifer is shooting 36% from 3. Which again is not at all bad.

we have 5 guys who've taken 32 3 point shots and the 38% Is the lowest of any of those players. 32 3 pointers in 14 games is at least 2 a game, its not a huge sample, but its good enough to call us a good shooting team and more importantly an efficient 3 point shooting team
Old 01-03-2018, 11:04 PM   #69
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
I mean, I think thats his point, Jenifer is only taking smart shots. Which mean he will never take 150 3's. As long as his 3's are taken in rhythm and when he is open, he can be a high percentage shooter.

I mean, I don't think anyone is saying Jenifer is an elite shooter. He is a guy who when he has the ball in late clock situations, can hit that shot when left open.

Jenifer's shooting is an asset. PERIOD

no i mean if it was possible to shoot 150 wide open ones (and thats not even a lot of 3s).

76 career games, 73 of them he's shot 31-99 31% from 3, 3 of them he's shot 11-14 78%. (and if you want to be fair and take out the 3 best and the 3 worst, then you come to 28-88, which is 31.8%)

gary shot 52% from 3 as a sophomore (25 attempts) and followed it up with 28% as a jr (49 attempts).

Cane is at 43% this year in 32 attempts and shot 31% last year on 212 attempts. If I was forced to pick a number for him for the future I'd pick closer to 31% all day.

KJ shot 35% his sophomore year and 31% the other 3 years.

Dion Dixon shot 35.6% as a JR as 26.7% the other 3 years.

samples sizes are just far too small. you know the good shooters when you see them. Even the misses look good. Evans is that kind of guy.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #70
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting stat:

If you take away Keith Williams 17 3 point attempts, this team is a 40% 3 point shooting team.

From here on out, if Keith just doesn’t shoot 3’s, we’re one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country
it looks like Keith shoots with the palm of his hand. his shot is sooo wacky haha. Im not a fan of him shooting right now
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote