Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #481
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think Scott can be useful in certain situations. He's not an option to score so he becomes a facilitator on offense. His D is good but he's no Justin Jackson. He's good for 5-10 back up minutes when needed but not much more.

This doesn't mean he's not D1 BB player. If you can guard at the D1 level you are a D1 BB player. Maybe that means only spot minutes...but we need those too. What we will need next year is a D1 starter.
does his D makeup for his turnovers, being lost on the offense end, and missed shots?

Like I get people love Defense, and I do too. But if when playing offense you are basically just helping the other team play Defense, is your actual defense really making up for that?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #482
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
I’m 55 years old been a bearcat fan all my life. I was born in March when they won their last National Championship. I’ve seen countless coaches, several arenas, numerous styles of play, all kinds of uniforms, and hundreds of bearcat players over the years. The constant is I will always be a BEARCAT FAN. I love my city, my school and most of all the great memories this wonderful experience over the years has given me. Every game I yell , scream, cheer, and sometimes even on occasion I think once cryed, but you know what I will always be a BEARCAT FAN.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #483
coachpipe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Worst take you've ever had then. You can still take it back.

Scott has a very defined role. He plays it well. He's not going to be a scorer this year, and may not ever score more than 6-8 but he screens well, rebounds well, plays tough interior defense, is athletic enough to switch and fit our defensive scheme, and he handles the ball well in the high post and makes good passes and decisions on handoffs.

If that to you is Q Moore bc "neither are D1 players" then all I can do is smh. Such a crappy take it's hard to even wrap my head around the idea that someone would stand by this and want to be taken seriously as a basketball person.

I mean, really? That's your take? He's an established rotation player on a Top 15 team as a SO but you and "others" (L-T) think he's not a D1 player? And that's the only thing you can cling to to compare him to Q Moore? Can't even mention anything basketball-wise. Weak shit. Horrible take. Worst comparison I've ever seen of 2 athletes in my entire life. Get a clue.
Im not taking anything back. Ill stand by my scott is awful takes until he transfers in the summer. Hes terrible, I honestly dont even understand what you can possibly be watching to not cringe when hes in the game

I cant wrap my head around someone watching Scott and thinking, yea...Im confident when hes on the court. Hes not "established" like you say he is. If he was, Mick would have given him more than 4 minutes in a game where both bigs were in foul trouble . mick obviously has zero faith in him as well

Last edited by coachpipe; 01-05-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #484
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think Scott can be useful in certain situations. He's not an option to score so he becomes a facilitator on offense. His D is good but he's no Justin Jackson. He's good for 5-10 back up minutes when needed but not much more.

This doesn't mean he's not D1 BB player. If you can guard at the D1 level you are a D1 BB player. Maybe that means only spot minutes...but we need those too. What we will need next year is a D1 starter.
Not even worth responding to anyone who doesn't think he's a D1 player. It's just plain stupid and there is no other way to say it. There are 351 teams. And he wouldn't even have to leave the conference to get minutes somewhere else.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #485
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
not hyperbole at all. Scott is not an effective Division 1 basketball player. Hes just not. people can glamour at his athleticism, but hes not a basketball player. So they can be compared. Quadri is not a division 1 basketball player, and neither is scott

And sorry, but I do know what im watching..And im not even close to the only one who thinks this.
Funny, his coach speaks highly of him & thinks he does a lot of things right...so do I. Scott (per minutes played), rebounds better than Washington. He plays defense and is a good passer. I would like to see him more aggressive on offense, his FG percentage is better than 68% (I realize that many of his points are dunks or very close to the basket, but that's also a function of being in the right place at the right time). I think a basketball player is exactly what he is...ask Cronin.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #486
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
does his D makeup for his turnovers, being lost on the offense end, and missed shots?

Like I get people love Defense, and I do too. But if when playing offense you are basically just helping the other team play Defense, is your actual defense really making up for that?
Scott had 1 game with some TOs. It's never been an issue before. But it's such an issue now he should be playing Division 2?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #487
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Scott's not that bad. I mean does he look like a starter or I want him leading the way as of now, no? I want to enjoy this year and not think about next year, but man, it is scary to think about our BIGs situation.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #488
coachpipe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Scott had 1 game with some TOs. It's never been an issue before. But it's such an issue now he should be playing Division 2?
4 minutes in a game where our bigs were in foul trouble..but yea..."established role player"
Old 01-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #489
GarradJ21
Epic Member

And like I have said, Jacob will be gone after this year. If he is back it's because we lost in the first round or so and he didn't get enough exposure. A new updated draft board has him going first round. The kid can play. You surround him with other NBA players and he's a very good player.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #490
GarradJ21
Epic Member

@Temple and @UCF are always going to be ugly wins. I don't know what it is.