Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
I would give them straight A's because we are 27-4 and ranked in the top 10. I still want more but I feel to this point we accomplished what I had hoped for this season (except a win over X).

I expected more out of Cumberland early in the season and he certainly struggled, but he has played so smart as the year has gone on and is playing more like I expected.

I have wanted Broome to start from day 1 but maybe he wouldn't have developed into a really efficient player if he was the game 1 starter.

I was hoping for more contributions from Williams and better shot selection but it is probably tough to come in to a team that has 2 developed wings like Evans and Cumberland.

Our rotational bigs have played well in spurts and although I am concerned about next year, they played their roles well so far this season.

Washington has been a defensive liability at times but he still exudes so much passion and is the best offensive 5 we have had since we made our last sweet 16.

Evans and Clark have been all-league players all year and I will certainly miss them when they are gone.

Overall, I don't want this season to end but I have watched all 40 minutes of every game and have thoroughly enjoyed this entire season. It has been special. Now, let's try to be a consistent top 10-15 every year. Then I will be a little more tough on my grading.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #12
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Clark...A
Evans...A

Cumberland...B
Washington...B
Broome...B

All the rest get C's. I'm keeping it simple....lol!
I should probably separate Cumberland from Kyle and Cane. Cumberland is not quite on the level of Clark or Evans overall but I think he is clearly more valuable than Washington or Cane overall. He can score a little, defend pretty well, passing is awesome, rebounds decent, he's not getting pulled constantly for mental lapses. I wish Cumberland could be a little more efficient on offense but I can't complain too much with everything else he does. Let's give him a B+.

Kyle is what he is at this point a good solid player a notch above his back ups. Cane still has some upside...I think he moves past Kyle in the post season.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I would give them straight A's because we are 27-4 and ranked in the top 10. I still want more but I feel to this point we accomplished what I had hoped for this season (except a win over X).

I expected more out of Cumberland early in the season and he certainly struggled, but he has played so smart as the year has gone on and is playing more like I expected.

I have wanted Broome to start from day 1 but maybe he wouldn't have developed into a really efficient player if he was the game 1 starter.

I was hoping for more contributions from Williams and better shot selection but it is probably tough to come in to a team that has 2 developed wings like Evans and Cumberland.

Our rotational bigs have played well in spurts and although I am concerned about next year, they played their roles well so far this season.

Washington has been a defensive liability at times but he still exudes so much passion and is the best offensive 5 we have had since we made our last sweet 16.

Evans and Clark have been all-league players all year and I will certainly miss them when they are gone.

Overall, I don't want this season to end but I have watched all 40 minutes of every game and have thoroughly enjoyed this entire season. It has been special. Now, let's try to be a consistent top 10-15 every year. Then I will be a little more tough on my grading.
Pretty nice breakdown. I am extremely happy with our record (and rank and seed potential) even if we could have snuck a couple more wins out of it we didn't have any bad losses either. It's easy to say we should have won a couple more big games but at the same time...we haven't lost a bad game in over two full seasons. How many teams can say that? We lost 1 home game in over two full seasons. How many teams can say that? We don't have to "take the good with the bad" because we don't really have the bad. We just have the "not so good".

We are rounding into form with Cane getting to the point we all were hoping. Our bench (at the very least) can all play solid D. Everyone knows their role right now.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #14
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
No grades. Overall very happy with the complection of the program. Great record and ranking. We have a great group of young men who represent the program and university very well. Mick and staff has done a great job with 1 top 60 player. Appreciate what is accomplished already. Here's to a long run in NCAA's.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote