Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #41
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Lol. That was a complete rebuild. We were not good at all that year. We lost to Kentucky by 19 and scored 43 points. That team averaged like 62 ppg. We were #43 in KenPom. We were the 4 seed in the AAC Tournament. If that's what next year is, I'll be asking for a new coach a year early. Completely unacceptable to me to have a year like that with 9 returning players (Evans would be 10). Gross. That was easily the worst Cronin team of the last 8 years. We had 0 players average 10 ppg.
Lol.

Ok man.

I’m not saying they were elite. I’m saying they exceeded expectations.

It seems like you want to root for an elite blue blood, not a program in the AAC who’s main focus seems to be football. We’re gonns have to cheat to be elite.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #42
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
It won’t be that bad we will be fine
I don't think it'll be that bad either. I was NOT a fan of that team.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 PM   #43
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol.

Ok man.

I’m not saying they were elite. I’m saying they exceeded expectations.

It seems like you want to root for an elite blue blood, not a program in the AAC who’s main focus seems to be football. We’re gonns have to cheat to be elite.
No. Not necessarily. There's a huge gap between a blue blood and our 2014-15 team.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #44
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
From Diarra's Twitter

"When they say we gone be nothing next year bc Gary and Kyle are not in the locker room bish what ?!"

1:40 AM - Mar 22, 2018

Along with a confused emoji and a pic of him looking perturbed.

I don't think these guys are as mentally fragile as some make them out to be. Young kids don't think about big picture the way older folks on bearcattalk do. Young people are resilient.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #45
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
From Diarra's Twitter

"When they say we gone be nothing next year bc Gary and Kyle are not in the locker room bish what ?!"

I don't think these guys are as mentally fragile as some make them out to be. Young kids don't think about big picture the way older folks on bearcattalk do. Young people are resilient.
Iove that tweet. We're going to have to be pleasantly surprised that's all. We came into this y are knowing that this could be a special year. Everything being up in the air sucks.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #46
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Exactly. I don think these kids are coming in like we suck lets blow it. Highly doubt they are sitting there like oh man we cant make it out of the first weekend of the tourney so we my as well just lose every game. No chance! I remember Caupain saying that his big thing was to stress to the younger players on what it is to be a Bearcat, keep the winning tradition. He said did I want to be the senior class that didn't make the NCAA tournament? You have Stokes, DJ, and others always around the program. We have too much history to just give up.

You think Tre Scott is sitting there worried that Gary isn't in front of him anymore. Heck no, he's ready to have the keys in his hand now.

Ellis and Shaqs senior year we lost what, 7 or 8 games by 2 points or less. Something stupid like that? We came back and won 30 games the following year and unfortunately played a team with 4 NBA players on their roster in the second round.

Again, in all reality, we wont be as talented next year because we just lost Gary, KW and possibly Jake but these kids aren't going to have a problem being motivated and ready to continue the winning tradition, it just wont be as easy but we still have many pieces.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 03-22-2018 at 03:28 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #47
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
The summer is much needed. After a long season and loss like that it will help, but once it's time to come back they will be ready just like I think a lot of these fans that have lost all hope.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #48
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
From Diarra's Twitter

Exactly, let these fans underestimate them. We are losing some studs but we can't fall out of love with our guys.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #49
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I'm not up to speed on the current lingo, what does "bish what" mean?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #50
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I'm not up to speed on the current lingo, what does "bish what" mean?
put lightly "excuse me?" with a head tilt and kevin Ollie face
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote