Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Nice perspective on Mick as a leader.

http://bergonsports.com/2014/01/19/d...s-inspire-you/
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #52
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Wow!!! Nice find Jack. Excellent article. I'll be there Thursday night cheering the boys on even at 0900. You have moved me of the recliner.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #53
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Jack actually you got me so fired up I'm going to his weekly show tonight a the Original Montgomery Inn. Thought I'd have some ribs and enjoy the show.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #54
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Wow!!! Nice find Jack. Excellent article. I'll be there Thursday night cheering the boys on even at 0900. You have moved me of the recliner.
Game time is 2100 not 0900.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #55
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Game time is 2100 not 0900.
good one Ralph. What branch did you serve in? The show tonight starts at 2000. I'm showing up at 1900hrs. Lol
Old 01-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #56
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
A really great article. I think we as fans sometimes get so obsessed with immediate results that we forget to look at the big picture. I'm guilty as well. There were times I lambasted Mick. However, I'm very glad I stayed the course and saw him out. He's done a remarkable job at UC. I hope he is our coach for a very long time and I hope his hard work continues to pay off. Way to go Bearcats! Keep going!

P.s. Please beat Louisville
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #57
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
A really great article. I think we as fans sometimes get so obsessed with immediate results that we forget to look at the big picture. I'm guilty as well. There were times I lambasted Mick. However, I'm very glad I stayed the course and saw him out. He's done a remarkable job at UC. I hope he is our coach for a very long time and I hope his hard work continues to pay off. Way to go Bearcats! Keep going!

P.s. Please beat Louisville
been guilty of screaming at the TV a few times myself Cin City. I think most if given a chance to think things through without all the emotion will come to the same conclusion you did. I often wonder what if MC would have been brought in 3 years after Bob left so he wouldn't be labeled as the guy who replaced Huggs how the fan base would have reacted to him. Not easy replacing a legend. Lot tougher replacing a successful coach as opposed to someone who's results were terrible like Tony Yates.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #58
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Lance McAlister will be on sports talk at 6:05 this evening.One of his topics is going to be college basketball. If you want the talking heads in this City to acknowledge the fine efforts put forth by the Cats here is your chance to show them we are not willing to be bombarded with 24/7 Reds and Bengals converstation. I would suggest not getting into what happened in the past but what is happening now. It is time to move forward the program certainly is. Simple concept if you want to hear about the Cats you got to light up the phones. If you do that they will be glad to talk UC BB.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-21-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #59
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lance McAlister will be on sports talk at 6:05 this evening.One of his topics is going to be college basketball. If you want the talking heads in this City to acknowledge the fine efforts put forth by the Cats here is your chance to show them we are not willing to be bombarded with 24/7 Reds and Bengals converstation. I would suggest not getting into what happened in the past but what is happening now. It is time to move forward the program certainly is. Simple concept if you want to hear about the Cats you got to light up the phones. If you do that they will be glad to talk UC BB.
Trust me, if it were up to Mo Egger, he'd be talking about college hoops more. I think it's the same with Lance as well. The fact is, though, when they talk about college basketball for a while, the radio's ratings go down. It's a fact. Mo is sick of just Reds and Bengals as well, but its not all up to him. The city in general needs to care more about college hoops.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #60
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
been guilty of screaming at the TV a few times myself Cin City. I think most if given a chance to think things through without all the emotion will come to the same conclusion you did. I often wonder what if MC would have been brought in 3 years after Bob left so he wouldn't be labeled as the guy who replaced Huggs how the fan base would have reacted to him. Not easy replacing a legend. Lot tougher replacing a successful coach as opposed to someone who's results were terrible like Tony Yates.
Without rehashing the past, I think it is a logical thought...what you said about three years later but it is what it is and it was tough at the beginning accepting that success wasn't a given like it had been. Also though, the big east wasn't a forgiving conference. All that aside the hard work has paid off. IF Indiana is comparable, and let's say it is for the hell of it, we have not had a "rebuilding" season since our success. Granted it's been 4 seasons of the UC basketball we expect but still...did we honestly think that after 19 games we'd we 17-2? Not to mention replacing two 4 year contributors in Parker and Wright? The point is that Coach Cronin has INSPIRED his guys to step up as leaders and because of his leadership we are continuing to get better. I appreciate what Coach came into and has done/continues to do. Will there be head scratching loses here and there? Probably. Will we see a team under Cronin really underachieve? PeRhaps. But it would take a strong argument to convince we that he hasn't done/continues to do one hell of a job. And for that I'm grateful uc basketball is in the state it's in.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote