All I care is that they win.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
This is further proof for all you sunshine pumpers that UC is going to be the AAC for long haul. Just let that sink in.
Why would anyone not think UC is going to be in the AAC for a long while? It is highly doubtful that the 65 P5 schools would share the wealth with additional members.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #13
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
He's from Virginia so it makes sense; hopefully he stays.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Why would anyone not think UC is going to be in the AAC for a long while? It is highly doubtful that the 65 P5 schools would share the wealth with additional members.
Ask several of your board members on Banter and 247. Some real delusional folks...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #15
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
@DavidTeelatDP 11m
#Hoikes set to announce Cincy's @WhitBabcock as AD. Presser next week. Done.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #16
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
@DavidTeelatDP 11m
#Hoikes set to announce Cincy's @WhitBabcock as AD. Presser next week. Done.
That went well. Well Babcock thanks for nothing. I am tired of guys not really giving 2 sh!ts about UC and are on the 3 year plan here. There is no unity at UC. No pride, no genuine love for the school. No wonder the alum and fans are fair weather, the admin and higher position guys just use UC as a step. It starts at the top and trickles down...

Pretty sure the only high profile figure that has passion for UC is Mick Cronin. Ono has been okay but he needs to stay if he is serious.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #17
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
That went well. Well Babcock thanks for nothing. I am tired of guys not really giving 2 sh!ts about UC and are on the 3 year plan here. There is no unity at UC. No wonder the alum and fans are fair weather, the admin and higher position guys just use UC as a step. It starts at the top and trickles down...
Lets see: Dantonio, Kelly, Jones, Thomas, Babcock. All flew the coup when an opportunity came to make a "step up" for their careers and were offered more money. I will never blame or criticize anyone for making that move. I'd do it in my profession. I think most of us would. However I want to point out through all of that there is still one pillar standing by UC even after these exact offers were thrown his way. His name..... Mick Cronin. It's days like these Im truly reminded of what a homerun hire he has been. Thanks coach and you deserve better than what you have been given.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Lets see: Dantonio, Kelly, Jones, Thomas, Babcock. All flew the coup when an opportunity came to make a "step up" for their careers and were offered more money. I will never blame or criticize anyone for making that move. I'd do it in my profession. I think most of us would. However I want to point out through all of that there is still one pillar standing by UC even after these exact offers were thrown his way. His name..... Mick Cronin. It's days like these Im truly reminded of what a homerun hire he has been. Thanks coach and you deserve better than what you have been given.
Cincinnati is so fortunate to have Mick Cronin, he is seriously the greatest thing that has happened to the athletic department since 2005. At least the football coaches stayed at least 3 years, Whit didn't even make it that far. I was never sold on Babcock or Ono like most UC fans were and I am still not sold on Ono. UC is screwed and people acted like those two were saviors. I can only laugh at those folks.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jack absolutely. Babcock has left the program in better shape then when he arrived. Thanks Whit and best of luck. The one guy who wants to be here has been verbally assaulted to the point if I was him I'd be on the first thing smoking out of this town.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #20
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good for Babcock, he was good in the brief stay he was here for, I agree with Jack it is a business decision very understandable. I'm really only a UC Basketball Fan, so as long as the AD Realizes Basketball is UC's past time and it is our best sport that we are competitive in, I don't really care who the AD is.

Heard Mick talking in a interview saying "he found his dream job, he wants to help his players do the same thing". The only way MC is leaving UC is by retirement in my eyes, he isn't going to be fired anytime soon and he definitely isn't going to coach for another university. I love having him as a coach and am very relieved I don't have to ever worry about UC's mens basketball coaching position.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote