Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Evans Draft Stock Rising

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...allers-top-100

Good article on some guys with a nice bit on Evans (must be ESPN insider to view)
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...allers-top-100

Good article on some guys with a nice bit on Evans (must be ESPN insider to view)
I would not blame Evans at all if he left. If he came back, he could get the type of buzz blueitt is getting this year
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I would not blame Evans at all if he left. If he came back, he could get the type of buzz blueitt is getting this year
Buzz don’t help draft potential though.

His potential is his potential. He needs to leave and save himself from a career ruining injury before making a dime.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Fullam33

Fullam33 is on a distinguished road
As much as I would love for him stay for his last year I think leaving after this season is the right move for him. His confidence is through the roof right now and he's playing at an elite level. Every game from here on out is on a major network and not on stupid CBS Sports. If we make a deep run and Evans keeps playing the way he is. Mid 1st round easy.
Fullam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Buzz don’t help draft potential though.

His potential is his potential. He needs to leave and save himself from a career ruining injury before making a dime.
Never said it would but it would be fun to get attention. Probably be on some preseason 2nd team all American list. Wooden watch, etc. sneak in to a top 10-15 pick with a great season. I would go if I was him, but I think those are some reasons he could return. Of course it’s always a risk
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
one more year at UC & he's a lotto pick - maybe I'm just being selfish, but I think Jacob could use one more year to polish his game & develop an ability to drive to the basket and finish
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
He is definitely going to test the waters without an agent would be safe to say probably. Personally, I don't expect him to come back.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #8
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
one more year at UC & he's a lotto pick - maybe I'm just being selfish, but I think Jacob could use one more year to polish his game & develop an ability to drive to the basket and finish
There have only been 6 seniors selected in the lottery in the past 8 seasons. It's not impossible, but the odds are against it. If he is solidly in the first round, he should go.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #9
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
I still think he could use another year, minus a huge spot season of course. But he has really started to come out of his shell and take over this season. Just no consistently. I could see him doing it pretty much every game next season. At this point I think it could go either way though. He's definitely headed to the NBA no matter what
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #10
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
the team is also losing kw and gc. he should leave to avoid the rebuild.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote