Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #71
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Dilly dilly! Bit seriously, I get we aren't a great first half team but it's different playing Memphis and a 2nd round team.
Yea I would like to see us playing well for 40 minutes instead of 20. But isn't it nice to be complaining about a win instead of a loss.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #72
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Looks like all those IFs happened
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #73
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Houston looks good. I think they will be solid for years. Which I like. More good teams to play
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #74
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Dilly dilly! Bit seriously, I get we aren't a great first half team but it's different playing Memphis and a 2nd round team.
Team always (almost) looks tight to me to start the game. It looks to me like they think too much. If they don’t start lit tomorrow, Houston is going to destroy them
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #75
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Just watched the post game. I know how great of a guy Gary is but can we get some love for kwash?! The guy has also been an incredible ambassador for the program, and a team guy(not talking about his shot selection haha). He respects the game, has great sportsmanship, and has really made leaps and bounds improving himself as a player and defender. Gonna miss those dudes.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #76
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
Just watched the post game. I know how great of a guy Gary is but can we get some love for kwash?! The guy has also been an incredible ambassador for the program, and a team guy(not talking about his shot selection haha). He respects the game, has great sportsmanship, and has really made leaps and bounds improving himself as a player and defender. Gonna miss those dudes.
Here’s an interesting exercise...take away Gary Clark...average team
Take away Kyle...average team...subtract Evans?average...Cumberland? Average.. minus Jenifer? Still pretty good / not deep, but still good
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #77
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Here’s an interesting exercise...take away Gary Clark...average team
Take away Kyle...average team...subtract Evans?average...Cumberland? Average.. minus Jenifer? Still pretty good / not deep, but still good
Here’s an interesting idea. It’s a team. Kids. Playing a game they love. Giving everything for the red and black.

Jenifer has contributed all season long. He’s not flashy, he doesn’t score a lot. But he plays hard. Every game. All game. You may not like him, but he’s one of the reasons they have 29 wins. Deal with it.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #78
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post
Here’s an interesting idea. It’s a team. Kids. Playing a game they love. Giving everything for the red and black.

Jenifer has contributed all season long. He’s not flashy, he doesn’t score a lot. But he plays hard. Every game. All game. You may not like him, but he’s one of the reasons they have 29 wins. Deal with it.
I don't think he meant that as a knock on Jenifer. He was just pointing out how important every piece of the team is. Obviously Jenifer isn't on the same level as the rest of the starting 5, but he gives 💯 always.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #79
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post

Sorry he said something flattering about your nephew. You know what 90% of college athletes do? They play hard, do their best, aren't flashy, and don't score alot. That doesn't mean all of them should start on a top 10 team in the nation or are the primary reason they are a top 10 team.

You could take the starting pg from probably the top 150 teams in the nation and they could give us what Jennifer does with little or no difference.

Last edited by Alum2013; 03-10-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #80
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Not too thrilled with these 2 games. Those starts won't cut it in the tournament. On the bright side, I look forward to seeing Evans return next year.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote