Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Cats @ USF 1/18

South Florida hasn't been a good venue for the Cats. The last two trips there, if I'm remembering correctly, have been losses.

Kenpom has USF at 173: 102.1 for AdjO (ranked 211th for AdjO) and 102.6 AdjD (ranked 141th for AdjD)

This is clearly a winnable game but Tampa seems to have some bad Mojo for the Cats. Nothing on the road in conference is ever easy but I'll say the Cats take this one 64-57.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
South Florida hasn't been a good venue for the Cats. The last two trips there, if I'm remembering correctly, have been losses.
It's worse than that. We haven't won at USF since the CUSA days.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
It's worse than that. We haven't won at USF since the CUSA days.
That means UC is due for a win.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Yeah, I hate to admit but USF is a black hole for us. I still think we can and will come away with a win.

UC-67
USF-60

On a side note: Has anyone been to their campus? I walked around it two years ago when I went to Busch Gardens because they are basically right next to each other. (which is awesome by the way haha) I was not impressed with their campus at all. Thinking of it being in Florida and having places called the Sun Dome and stuff I was expecting a "beachy" feel. Its ugly, highly congested with traffic and in a shady area. It made me appreciate UC's campus much much more.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I would be much more concerned if Anthony Collins was playing and it doesn't appear he is going to be back this season. With Collins, I think USF could have developed into an NIT level team, without him they aren't very good at all.

I am still concerned with the poor starts the past two games, eventually you will dig a hole you cannot get out of. USF has been miserable to Cats since they lost to them in the Conference USA tournament I believe the last year in C-USA...

I'll go Cincinnati 60, South Florida 57
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Victor Rudd is a good player but I expect Titus to guard him well, I expect us to come out ready and focused and win easily. We will be ready to play
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I would be much more concerned if Anthony Collins was playing and it doesn't appear he is going to be back this season. With Collins, I think USF could have developed into an NIT level team, without him they aren't very good at all.

I am still concerned with the poor starts the past two games, eventually you will dig a hole you cannot get out of. USF has been miserable to Cats since they lost to them in the Conference USA tournament I believe the last year in C-USA...

I'll go Cincinnati 60, South Florida 57
I watched some of their game at Temple last week and Stan Heath's son, Josh, did a good job of running the point. He had 5 assists and 0 turnovers in 19 minutes. It was just his first game of the year because he was redshirting.

Have to guard Rudd a lot better than they did last year and need to avoid foul trouble, otherwise Perry and Egbunu could go off in the paint. I have a bad feeling about this game.

Last edited by Bearcat04; 01-15-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Yeah, I hate to admit but USF is a black hole for us. I still think we can and will come away with a win.

UC-67
USF-60

On a side note: Has anyone been to their campus? I walked around it two years ago when I went to Busch Gardens because they are basically right next to each other. (which is awesome by the way haha) I was not impressed with their campus at all. Thinking of it being in Florida and having places called the Sun Dome and stuff I was expecting a "beachy" feel. Its ugly, highly congested with traffic and in a shady area. It made me appreciate UC's campus much much more.
It is an ugly campus indeed.

Cronin will have them ready after some poor play last night.

I am hoping to get to this game to watch the "Running Over of the Bulls" but I have my entire family coming to Florida that night and staying on the east coast. What timing...I had two games circled on my calendar this year.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
If anyone wants to get an early look at USF, they are playing SMU on ESPN U!!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
UC 67
SF 61

Close game at half, UC jumps out to a 15 point lead to start the 2nd, USF makes a nice little run but not enough to come back.

No game on the road is easy. Just win. Take it and run with it.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote