Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Let's hope we only lose 2 or 3 games and make the committee have to give us an appropriate seed. With the teams we have scheduled and what I expect to be an improved RPI for the AAC the committee would have a hard time not seeding us high if we can end the season with 2-4 losses.

I think in terms of talent this will be Mick's best team yet. They have potential to be really special.
I agree it would be nice to force the hand of the committee for seeding.

Some things that probably need to happen if we are going to do this...

Win 3 out of 5 games (or more) between WSU, X, Florida, and UCLA. Win the conference regular season title or the tourney and finish no less than 2nd in either. AAC has to make a push to be in the top 6 conferences RPI. No more than 5 losses.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #42
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
My concern for this year is defense. And mainly will Mick still employ his usual crazy switching zone defense or go more to a man to man approach. This team is built to run and be more up and down and man to man. But we all know Mick likes half court strategies, especially on defense. I just don't think we have the makeup this year to run his usual defense. So again, I wonder how stubborn Mick will be with his defensive approach. If he's trying to win games 70-55 and slow the game down, I think we're limiting our strengths. Obviously as in any year well have to see how the season plays out. Mick has more than shown he'll get the most of his team with less talent so let's hope more talent just means we're that much better.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #43
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Also curious to see the playing time and usage of Jenifer and Broome. Broome is an unknown. He can score playground style but will Mick let him do that? Also how good really is he at utilizing his teammates, setting them up to score? I'm actually curious to see Jenifer in an open, fast offense. His passing skills could be exactly what we need with as many scoring options as this team has
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #44
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Anyone have any last minute changes?

I'm going to hold firm at 27-4.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #45
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'm getting on board with the Cumberland leading scorer crowd. In his interview with Dan, he said he wishes he would've been more aggressive earlier in the year. I think the way he came on late was just scratching the surface. He's going to have games where he goes nuts. And his teammates will be happy to let him. 11-15 is pretty damn good, even in an exhibition. He's showing maturity by starting to take being in great physical condition seriously. Big things are coming for him. No team in the country wants to face us in the tournament if he's rolling.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #46
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Anyone have any last minute changes?

I'm going to hold firm at 27-4.
26-5
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #47
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
26 and 5 regular season seems right to me.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #48
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Yup, I think 5 losses at the end of the regular season. We've got the 5 toughest matchups against X, Florida, UCLA, and Wichita St x2. Dropping 2-3 of those wouldn't be shocking, and then we'll probably drop another 2-3 via tough road conference games or an off night.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #49
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I believe this will be Mick's best team yet. My best guess is we end up somewhere between the 6-8 loss total and anywhere from a 5-8 seed in the NCAA's with a first weekend exit.
Why
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #50
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
In terms of shooting % per Team Rankings we were 13th at home and #4 in efficiency. 50.7% and 1.196. That is excellent!

On the road we were ranked around 300 or so I think in shooting % and 140 or so in efficiency. 40.5% and 1.002. Road shooting was abysmal.
Key word, were. This is a different team. And I'm gonna guess caupain and Johnson skewed those numbers the wrong direction.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote