Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will UC beat Florida?
Yes 22 56.41%
No 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #401
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
No wonder recruiting is weak... They know they will never get to the next level or exposure in cronins system.
This. You know what NBA teams don't care about? How many deflextions you have. Because that doesn't matter. You know what they do care about? Ppg, because that does matter.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #402
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
So you are fine with these games and think we are a good team?
Yes I 100% believe and know we are a good team. Am I "fine" with this game? Not really, we should have won, in my opinion we were the better team. Am I gonna act like my house is on fire, no. Am I gonna blow up loke Florida is some horrible team, no, they beat a really good gonzaga team and lost to Duke (the #1 team in the country) on some bad plays at the end. Did they have a bad streak, yeah obviously, all the more reason to be worried about playing them. Did we play great today? No, we turned the ball over too much, again, Cronin keeps giving jenifer too many minutes, and we missed some key open shots down the stretch. We aren't in sync right now, it's a big change losing a four year senior who controlled the ball almost the entire game. But in the end, I don't think we suck, I still think we are a top 15 if not too 10 team in the country when it comes to talent. I believe we could beat anybody and I still think we are gonna make a run in the tourney. I'm sorry I'm an ******* for not giving up on my team after the 9th game of the season.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #403
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
In 12 years, we have not had a single light's out 3 point shooter. Yet, we see teams with 2, 3, 4 of them all over college basketball, Not one here in 12 years!
Cronin doesnt understand basketball at high levels because he never played the game past high school. He thinks the biggest strongest and fastest can win instead of actually knowing how to play the game.

Where is bulldog when you need him?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #404
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Jacob, you are a wise man and I respect your ability to stay off the boards during this lol. Cause it's sure as hell not easy, gonna try to follow your lead. Have a good night "fans"
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #405
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
In 12 years, we have not had a single light's out 3 point shooter. Yet, we see teams with 2, 3, 4 of them all over college basketball, Not one here in 12 years!
That's bc the only thing he recruits is guys who are athletic. It may help to sprinkle in a good shooter here and there (I do think Trevor Moore has that potential, but we need several!).
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #406
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
This. You know what NBA teams don't care about? How many deflextions you have. Because that doesn't matter. You know what they do care about? Ppg, because that does matter.
Wrong. I just listened to a podcast this week and they were talking about analytics depts and they specifically mentioned how important deflections are and how teams are starting to track it more and more to chart defensive activity. Paul George is currently leading the NBA in deflections per game, and he is well aware of it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #407
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Jacob, you are a wise man and I respect your ability to stay off the boards during this lol. Cause it's sure as hell not easy, gonna try to follow your lead. Have a good night "fans"
Just step away!
Old 12-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #408
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Tom Crean, Larry Davis or JT3
I hope Cronin leaves for Louisville and we pick up Tom Crean. Best for recruiting that the coach leave and not get fired.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #409
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

The coaching change stuff...really guys? How do you expect to be taken seriously when discussing UC basketball if you fire the coach, burn down the arena, and petition to shut down the program every time we lose?
Old 12-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #410
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
We played with zero pace.

Go back and watch the game and take a drink every time a guy with the ball looks over at Cronin in the half court for a play call. It drives me crazy.

Troy used to do it all the time, and I thought we were past this crap. But nope. Back to ugly, slow, awful to watch style
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote