Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Will UC beat Florida?
Yes 22 56.41%
No 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2017, 08:28 PM   #421
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yes I 100% believe and know we are a good team. Am I "fine" with this game? Not really, we should have won, in my opinion we were the better team. Am I gonna act like my house is on fire, no. Am I gonna blow up loke Florida is some horrible team, no, they beat a really good gonzaga team and lost to Duke (the #1 team in the country) on some bad plays at the end. Did they have a bad streak, yeah obviously, all the more reason to be worried about playing them. Did we play great today? No, we turned the ball over too much, again, Cronin keeps giving jenifer too many minutes, and we missed some key open shots down the stretch. We aren't in sync right now, it's a big change losing a four year senior who controlled the ball almost the entire game. But in the end, I don't think we suck, I still think we are a top 15 if not too 10 team in the country when it comes to talent. I believe we could beat anybody and I still think we are gonna make a run in the tourney. I'm sorry I'm an ******* for not giving up on my team after the 9th game of the season.
You think we are a top 10-15 team after the last 2 games we have played? What would lead you to believe this. What have we done well? What looks top 15 on this team? Our offense looks like it’s still a major problem against good teams. Maybe you’re right. Maybe we will be eventually this year but to say we are a top 15 team still is crazy. We haven’t done anything to prove that
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #422
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
We played with zero pace.

Go back and watch the game and take a drink every time a guy with the ball looks over at Cronin in the half court for a play call. It drives me crazy.

Troy used to do it all the time, and I thought we were past this crap. But nope. Back to ugly, slow, awful to watch style
If Cronin ever embraces this teams strength we will be good. Pretending like we can still win rock fights with Cumberland and Broome/Jenifer is fools gold. We need to score 75+ to win against the good teams.
RedlegZdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #423
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
I'm tired of getting out-recruited by the other team in this city, year after year...not to mention the runs they make in the tourney are making me envious. This CANNOT continue to happen.
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #424
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
The more years that go by the less desirable cronin is to other schools. They know his style and don't want it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The coaching change stuff...really guys? How do you expect to be taken seriously when discussing UC basketball if you fire the coach, burn down the arena, and petition to shut down the program every time we lose?
People have been calling for Cronin's ouster for a decade. They are ridiculed, attacked, and eventually banned. Yet, here we sit 10 years later and nothing has changed. How can you be taken seriously when you "don't" agree with the coaching change stuff. But yet, you complain about the offense, the rock fights, the lack of 2 for 1s, the recruits, etc., which is all coaching. So you acknowledge a lot of poor coaching, but want 12 more years of this crap? I'm confused????
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #425
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBearcat View Post
I'm tired of getting out-recruited by the other team in this city, year after year...not to mention the runs they make in the tourney are making me envious. This CANNOT continue to happen.
It will. Mack understands the game.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #426
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
People have been calling for Cronin's ouster for a decade. They are ridiculed, attacked, and eventually banned. Yet, here we sit 10 years later and nothing has changed. How can you be taken seriously when you "don't" agree with the coaching change stuff. But yet, you complain about the offense, the rock fights, the lack of 2 for 1s, the recruits, etc., which is all coaching. So you acknowledge a lot of poor coaching, but want 12 more years of this crap? I'm confused????
Don't lump me in... i would like a change, but he isn't leaving on his own. My comment was other schools don't want his style either.... except unlv
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #427
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't lump me in... i would like a change, but he isn't leaving on his own. My comment was other schools don't want his style either.... except unlv
Lola....sorry. I don't know how your quote got in there. I was responding to Jacob.
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #428
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It will. Mack understands the game.
Most of these posts are probably going to be deleted because that seems to be the default response but this...Like stated earlier, Cronin is playing a high school game while Mack is playing college ball.

Jacob has still not presented any evidence of the NBA drafting a player or paying a player for deflections over ppg.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #429
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Did anyone think we were going to go 30-1 in the regular season? I don't remember anyone thinking better than 27-4. And even that was rare.

Also, we're coming off of a 30 win season, we currently have the nation's longest home winning streak, and we're currently #13 in KenPom.

We would get mocked worse than Tennessee Football if we made a coaching change. Some of you need to get a grip. The prisoner of the moment stuff is too much.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #430
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
The 3 best players on the court tonight were Koulechov, Chiozza, and Hudson.

Our finishing around the rim was atrocious.

The good news is, it looks like we're definitely getting Evans back for a 4th year with how ill-composed he looked for the majority of tonight.

Anyone else scared to death at the prospect of Scott and Brooks seeing extended minutes together next season?
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote