Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advice on UC subscription sites.

I didn't want to post this here but I couldn't think of a better place to post it. So i'm wanting to subscribe to one of the recruiting web sites. I have always been a nerd about that aspect of college sports the recruiting side. I have always had "in" at ESPN that comes with the magazine which is ok but if your not one of the bigger named schools its trash for recruiting. They even seem to base their rankings of players on where they sign. If they sign with UC their rating goes down instantly if a player signs with say Michigan their rating goes up. They have that new PG we signed Johnson I believe ranked a 2 star and 67 overall for example. Every other site has him at 100-200 overall minimum. There is also good info here on the forum as well and every site has free commitment lists and targets, that's what I have survived on which i'm sure a big chunk of you guys have as well.

The moral of the story though is i'm just wondering what you guys like to use if you subscribe to any at all. Really the choices are Scout, Rival, and 247 sports. I've heard good things about 247 lately on twitter. I'm not to familiar with who runs each site and if they have any real passion for uc, or if they keep up on the content and all that good stuff. If you guys could give me a little info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 09-29-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
247 is probably your best bet. But I wouldn't plan on reposting any of the insider info. Not looked upon too kindly especially considering Chad Brendel posts on this board on occasion. I bet your 247 account would be cancelled.

Many of the regular posters on this forum have a BearcatJournal subscription anyways.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
247. Its the only pay forum that actually speaks w/ the players and coaches. Rivals doesnt do that as far as ive seen
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
247 is probably your best bet. But I wouldn't plan on reposting any of the insider info. Not looked upon too kindly especially considering Chad Brendel posts on this board on occasion. I bet your 247 account would be cancelled.

Many of the regular posters on this forum have a BearcatJournal subscription anyways.
ya if its frowned upon i wouldnt do it not trying piss anyone off. 247 is the one i have heard most about as well i actually follow chad on twitter didnt realize it was his gig. They were running some really good special around the holidays I should of took advantage then.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I don't go to any other sites bc I'd feel weird doing that as a mod. I don't want to take any of their info/ideas/topics/etc. I do read the basketball game threads on 247 sometimes. But that's it. If I subscribed anywhere, it'd be 247/BCJ and it's not really close. I honestly wouldn't even entertain the idea of going anywhere else just bc I know that info is legit and Chad is ethical.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
ya if its frowned upon i wouldnt do it not trying piss anyone off. 247 is the one i have heard most about as well i actually follow chad on twitter didnt realize it was his gig. They were running some really good special around the holidays I should of took advantage then.
Yeah we definitely don't want pay info leaking over here unless it comes from Chad himself.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't go to any other sites bc I'd feel weird doing that as a mod. I don't want to take any of their info/ideas/topics/etc. I do read the basketball game threads on 247 sometimes. But that's it. If I subscribed anywhere, it'd be 247/BCJ and it's not really close. I honestly wouldn't even entertain the idea of going anywhere else just bc I know that info is legit and Chad is ethical.
That's about how I feel. I have toyed with the idea of subscribing but have not done it for similar reasons. 247 is where I would go if I did. I am not sure it's even close.

I like our site for almost all other UC banter both in game and out. We tend to get the recruiting information very quickly as it comes out...but perhaps not first.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
It's not only frowned upon but it's a rules violation to divulge pay site information. It will result in a warning or ban depending on the severity.

Last edited by waterhead; 09-29-2017 at 10:32 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #9
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. If you have any questions about BCJ, feel free to ask...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
You are more than welcome on BCJ Jacob. There have been and still are mods from sites similar to this on the site and have been for years...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote