Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #121
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
Given the interested kids for 2018, I have to believe we will be in the 30's next year. 1-2 four star recruits and 15-17 three star recruits is where Baylor was with the 33rd highest rating.

Luke has drawn a wall around the tri-state. The top tier kids will go to ND and tO$U, with a few going to M or MSU, but we will be in on those kids and all of the next level. I also believe we will have fewer transfers into the program next year and more recruits builds points.
It is shocking to me how quickly Fickell turned the recruiting around. Next year should be a better season, but in 2-3 years this team could be destroying the AAC.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #122
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Rankings on prospects are great and all but depending on where you look this class was anywhere from best in the AAC to 4th in the AAC.

Fickell did a fantastic job hitting the trail and the rankings certainly moved up from what they were but I really don't want to get too caught up in rankings. I'm hoping that Fickell is offering the right type of guy, the guy who can win and play at a high level in his system. I'm really encouraged that he loaded up on DB's seeing as we haven't seen anything but awful DB play at UC since the Mike Mickens / DeAngelo Smith days.

We're never going to beat out OSU, Michigan, MSU, ND, ect for the top recruits and top recruits bust out all the time. For me it's not about the rankings but it's more about finding those diamonds in the rough.

Fickell gets an A+ for everything he's done up to date. Can't wait to see what the product looks like once it hits the field. Everyone is going to need to be patient this season, I think we can really start making waves in years 2 and 3.

Last edited by UCBearcats; 02-02-2017 at 03:24 PM.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #123
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
2018 COMMITS

I saw where O$U has several 2018 commits. Is UC, with LF close to getting some early commits?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #124
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
I saw where O$U has several 2018 commits. Is UC, with LF close to getting some early commits?
Why O$U? Sounds like a homer to me.
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #125
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
I think we can sign players thru early March. Any more recruits signed? Will they trickle in or is this it?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #126
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I think we can sign players thru early March. Any more recruits signed? Will they trickle in or is this it?
I haven't seen any new names. Seems like we got who we got.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #127
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I haven't seen any new names. Seems like we got who we got.
Thanks!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote