Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #481
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Certainly he has to understand the time, effort and money the University has invested to just be considered. Being his school jumped to the league he also would know why it is necessary or advantageous. Not to mention how much the fans who loved and supported him during his tenure want this to happen. I guess it really doesn't surprise me. His year long battle with the administration over his dismissal certainly didn't help the transition to the big east or the recovery after the battle. Not to mention the negative publicity the school received in the process.
To add to this... I think Bob wouldn't want to play UC regularly twice a year. Especially coming to UC every season. Too much emotional stress for the big man. He may still hate that administration but he loves UC and the common people. Get over it Bob, we are coming.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #482
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Certainly he has to understand the time, effort and money the University has invested to just be considered. Being his school jumped to the league he also would know why it is necessary or advantageous. Not to mention how much the fans who loved and supported him during his tenure want this to happen. I guess it really doesn't surprise me. His year long battle with the administration over his dismissal certainly didn't help the transition to the big east or the recovery after the battle. Not to mention the negative publicity the school received in the process.
I remember Huggins saying during the basketball season that in order to expand, the new teams would have to bring something to the table. He doesn't think any do. He's been on that for a while. Doesn't really matter though. He's just one voice.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #483
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
To add to this... I think Bob wouldn't want to play UC regularly twice a year. Especially coming to UC every season. Too much emotional stress for the big man. He may still hate that administration but he loves UC and the common people. Get over it Bob, we are coming.
Bob may want to look in the mirror. His displeasure with the administration stems from his behavior.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #484
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I remember Huggins saying during the basketball season that in order to expand, the new teams would have to bring something to the table. He doesn't think any do. He's been on that for a while. Doesn't really matter though. He's just one voice.
If he thought so little of our product why did he stay so long? Bob should keep his foul mouth shut. Literally. Drink, food and commentary. After the video of his arrest he should be grateful he had another opportunity to coach and mentor young people.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #485
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Waite you're my guy, but get over it. Huggins is the greatest thing to happen to our program since the '60's and isn't here now. No point in rehashing everything...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #486
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If he thought so little of our product why did he stay so long? Bob should keep his foul mouth shut. Literally. Drink, food and commentary. After the video of his arrest he should be grateful he had another opportunity to coach and mentor young people.
You are correct sir!
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #487
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Waite you're my guy, but get over it. Huggins is the greatest thing to happen to our program since the '60's and isn't here now. No point in rehashing everything...
My brother your right I should put it behind me. He provided many highlights while he was here, for sure. I enjoyed his years here as much as anyone. Probably why I am still angry. I really expected better from him. The handling of his departure was pouring salt in the wound. The fan base is still feeling the effects. That's my beef.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #488
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Check out @EmptySeatsPics's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/s...660845568?s=09

Houston's fan support is so good. I mentioned earlier, they can't even show up for their MLS team. Meanwhile, FC Cincinnati had 14,000+ tonight. Houston sucks on all fronts.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #489
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My brother your right I should put it behind me. He provided many highlights while he was here, for sure. I enjoyed his years here as much as anyone. Probably why I am still angry. I really expected better from him. The handling of his departure was pouring salt in the wound. The fan base is still feeling the effects. That's my beef.
incoming freshmen were first graders when that happened. move on. he's a basketball coach.

as for the comments, some of you guys care way too much about an honest answer provided when posed a question. the basketball folks generally don't like all the realignment of the last decade that was driven by football.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 AM   #490
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
incoming freshmen were first graders when that happened. move on. he's a basketball coach.

as for the comments, some of you guys care way too much about an honest answer provided when posed a question. the basketball folks generally don't like all the realignment of the last decade that was driven by football.
A basketball coach at a major university with much access. Who's number 1 objective should be mentoring his players. It's not just him that aggravates me it is the system. Home many homes do you think some of these coaches go into speaking about how much they care about the kids. As far as realignment it is another example of bastadizing the system. It's all about the money. As far as Huggins goes your right I should move on. The problem is much bigger then his fat ass.