Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
So far, Epperson has drawn offers from West Virginia, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Utah, Cincinnati and others, but he mentioned that the efforts of Marquette, Purdue and Texas have stood out so far.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-turning-heads
If we didn't make the teams that stood out so far and he's waiting to see since his recruiting is heating up...I would give this a low likelihood of happening. Maybe 1 in 10. I really hope that is wrong of course.

Maybe if we can get Williams we can put the hard sell on him before spring as being THE last piece of the puzzle kind of thing. This guy would be my top priority if there is still interest from his side.

If it doesn't happen I would probably be OK with a nice juco or transfer as well. We have seen some very solid contributors recently from those ranks. The last schollie better not go to a project. A player who can contribute right away via transfer or a big time HS recruit would be ideal.

I don't mid getting BIGs like Ellis, DeBerry, and Washington if we swing and miss on Epperson...but I would prefer Epperson right now.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #42
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Purdue was recruiting him pretty hard and they just landed a 7'2 big. Hopefully that's one less to compete with, want this kid.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #43
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
As more guys come off the board I think his interest will continue to grow. Dont think this is a realistic option. I think that last scholly will go to a spring transfer. In a perfect world we put the full court press on Trevon Duvall and Epperson and land one of them. Just not who Cincinnati is right now. Rather focus on highly rated players in 2018 class we have a chance at landing.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #44
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
As more guys come off the board I think his interest will continue to grow. Dont think this is a realistic option. I think that last scholly will go to a spring transfer. In a perfect world we put the full court press on Trevon Duvall and Epperson and land one of them. Just not who Cincinnati is right now. Rather focus on highly rated players in 2018 class we have a chance at landing.
Agreed. If this kid is getting looked at by the biggest programs then he could start right away. He's not coming here to play behind Gary. We will find a transfer or a big time player in 2018. I think our 2017 class is set for now. Perfect timing in start of the season. Time to focus on the actual 2016-2017 season IMO. Whose our first game, Brown? Lets get that thread going.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #45
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...wo-visit-dates
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #46
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Damn, was really hoping it said Cincinnati. I've wanted to land this kid from the beginning. 😣
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #47
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I probably should've included a comment. That article doesn't mention Cincy at all. My guess is that we are no longer pursuing him.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #48
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Yeah, I probably should've included a comment. That article doesn't mention Cincy at all. My guess is that we are no longer pursuing him.
I still think he'll end up at a blue blood. I liked him also.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #49
Culvercc

Culvercc is on a distinguished road
I've been told that Epperson was in the building last night for the Houston game. Can anyone confirm?
Culvercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #50
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culvercc View Post
I've been told that Epperson was in the building last night for the Houston game. Can anyone confirm?
Twitter says he's on an official visit to Utah right now.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote