Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #41
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
According to scout focus twitter Graham had this to say to them:

Just spoke w/ Chipola 6'4+ SG Torian Graham. Said he's avg'n 19.2 PPG on 55% from the field & his heart is set on Kentucky if they offer.
6:13pm - 26 Dec 13
As I said way back when this thread was started, if UK gets involved it is a wrap...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #42
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
As I said way back when this thread was started, if UK gets involved it is a wrap...
Drew Bledsoe part deux
Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Drew Bledsoe part deux
I think you mean Eric but yeah...a lot of UK's 2014 class will have to do with how many guys leave for the NBA from this years team. It isn't necessarily a given that they will offer especially since he is only going to have 2 years to play.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #44
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Well, we need him a hell of a lot more than UK, so maybe the cosmos will be kind to us.

I understand him having his heart set on going to UK because of their national prominence, but I don't think their fan base would be nearly as excited as ours to welcome him on campus. I'm not saying UK fans wouldn't appreciate him committing, but they get so many 5-star recruits that picking up a 4-star JUCO player would be fairly ho-hum.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Well, we need him a hell of a lot more than UK, so maybe the cosmos will be kind to us.

I understand him having his heart set on going to UK because of their national prominence, but I don't think their fan base would be nearly as excited as ours to welcome him on campus. I'm not saying UK fans wouldn't appreciate him committing, but they get so many 5-star recruits that picking up a 4-star JUCO player would be fairly ho-hum.
I hope eventually these 3-4 star players that have been going to UK will realize they will get recruited over every single year. For example you've got a kid like Derek Willis or Jon Hood who had good offers to other schools and never got minutes. Then there is guys like Ryan Harrow or Kyle Wiltjer who basically had to transfer out to get the minutes they want.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #46
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I hope eventually these 3-4 star players that have been going to UK will realize they will get recruited over every single year. For example you've got a kid like Derek Willis or Jon Hood who had good offers to other schools and never got minutes. Then there is guys like Ryan Harrow or Kyle Wiltjer who basically had to transfer out to get the minutes they want.
The kids who make it to this level are all full of confidence and believe they can play for anyone, regardless of what the recruiting rankings say. I think that's why the 3- and 4-star guys will keep going to Kentucky despite the fact history says they will be lucky to ever start. Sometimes the heart wins out over your head. I agree though that those guys would be wise to look elsewhere.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #47
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Drew Bledsoe part deux
As long as we get Tom Brady, they can have Drew Bledsoe, haha!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #48
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
As long as we get Tom Brady, they can have Drew Bledsoe, haha!
Haha, one of those Bledsoe's.

Any news on his visits? Does he have one set up to UC, I haven't seen anything really linking him to UC.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #49
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
NextUpRecruits.com ‏@NextUpRecruits
(2014/6'4/SG) Torian Graham of Chipola drops a smooth 20pts(8-11) in 91-69 win over Central GA Tech with Cincinnati in attendance.

Waiting on the UK offer but Cincy putting on the full court press.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #50
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
NextUpRecruits.com ‏@NextUpRecruits
(2014/6'4/SG) Torian Graham of Chipola drops a smooth 20pts(8-11) in 91-69 win over Central GA Tech with Cincinnati in attendance.

Waiting on the UK offer but Cincy putting on the full court press.
Hope they stay away and get some other big name.