Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #71
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
? I really thought that's why you said you didn't post during that game. Is that wrong?
In defense of Protected I was the one that made the comment about not posting during the game only because I don’t want my emotions to live in cyber jail lol

Still think this team is very entertaining and until it has a better consistency from the 3 point line teams will continue to clog the lane against us and try to keep Clark and Washington from killing them up close
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #72
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah who wants 1 and done players....oh that's right, teams that win championships!

Can you imagine if Mick had been able to add a 1 and done player to this years team?

Remember Kenyon's senior year? Dermarr Johnson ring a bell?

You add a 1 and done player to the right roster by themselves...or multiple 1 and dones and you have a chance to win a championship. I want that. Pretty sure we all do! I'm all for building a program with 3-4 year players, but if you don't sprinkle in the occasional 1 and done in this college basketball climate it's hard to compete in March.
Villanova has high level recruits that aren’t one and done.

Unc won a ship with out anyone real one and done guys.

I what high level guys, not guys who on foot in college and the other in the nba.

Don’t bring up any bob huggins teams; last I checked he hasn’t won a championship and mostly falters early in 80% of tourneys he’s in.

We aren’t a one and done school. We had a one and done player and how did that work ? Just don’t think it will work in our system
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #73
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I what high level guys, not guys who on foot in college and the other in the nba.

Don’t bring up any bob huggins teams; last I checked he hasn’t won a championship and mostly falters early in 80% of tourneys he’s in.

We aren’t a one and done school. We had a one and done player and how did that work ? Just don’t think it will work in our system
Good point with Huggins. Throw X in there too.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #74
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
People out here in Phoenix were calling out a championship a month ago with ASU. Now you can here a pin drop. LOL ! Hurley was going to be coach of the year and stay forever unless he got the Duke job. Enjoy our program and this season , GO CATS!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #75
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Not to muddy your point about Huggins but the year Delmar Johnson was a one and done player was the year Kenyon broke his leg in the conference finals. My point is we very well could have won it all if Kenyon was not injured and Johnson was a one and done player.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #76
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah who wants 1 and done players....oh that's right, teams that win championships!

Can you imagine if Mick had been able to add a 1 and done player to this years team?

Remember Kenyon's senior year? Dermarr Johnson ring a bell?

You add a 1 and done player to the right roster by themselves...or multiple 1 and dones and you have a chance to win a championship. I want that. Pretty sure we all do! I'm all for building a program with 3-4 year players, but if you don't sprinkle in the occasional 1 and done in this college basketball climate it's hard to compete in March.
Yeah I don't think we would be turning those guys down if we could get them.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #77
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I really can't argue your point and I certainly would take a one and done player if he wants to come aboard but I enjoy the program for much more then how it does in March. Graduation rates mean something to me. Watching these kids mature and grow means something to me. Seeing them represent our university as true student athletes means something to me. If all you want is a good basketball team lets stop the charades and pay these kids and be done with it. Sorry for the rant but I guess I'm old school. I also watched a son who was a D-1 athlete work his butt off get a degree. I fully understand the time and effort it takes to be successful at both. What is happening in college athletics is not about what is best for the kids. I love our program and have no desire to turn it into KY for a win or two more in March.
It's not that black and white. Getting a one and done player doesn't suddenly mean you're Kentucky.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #78
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah I don't think we would be turning those guys down if we could get them.
Jake I think your right but to be honest if our program operated like Ky. I personally would find a new team to support.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #79
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
It's not that black and white. Getting a one and done player doesn't suddenly mean you're Kentucky.
Your right Jake! I am hoping for a complete reform in college athletics. Agents, handlers, sports apparel companies are ruining the intent of what student athletics are about. Hopefully someone recognizes it and that is why their are federal investigations on going.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #80
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jake I think your right but to be honest if our program operated like Ky. I personally would find a new team to support.
Do you know who Mick Cronin is? Do you really think he'd ever run our program like that?

If we got a "one and done" I'm sure it'd be a guy who was just undeniably talented and would be wasting his time playing college ball. I don't think we would bring in someone who was dead set on getting the hell out of here asap before even stepping on campus. There's a difference.