Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Andy Katz has us at #4.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #182
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
WVU goes down, there's another spot. Could be another good jump in store this week, lot of tough games for the teams above us. UNC also lost again tonight, they're ahead of us in ESPN.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #183
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I live tweeted both of them as I listened and challenged their lazy takes. Of course I got no response.

Every time that Matt dude is on, it’s just bad and as if UC is garbage.
It’s much more talerable when I Chris Bain’s or whatever his name is, is on.

I listened to 30 minutes and was so frustrated.

So when I get frustrated about fans, I might be taking out crap like that on people in this board, but this week on the internet has not been a shining moment for Bearcat fans.

I mean we’re top 10 and people are talking about us losing early in the tourney already. Enjoy the ride.
Ok who the hell are these 2 guys talking like the chipmunks. They must watch the game through stats only. They can’t be fans.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #184
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Andy Katz has us at #4.
It would be interesting to see us ranked #4 overall by some pundits and then get a #4 seed in tourney.

I picture a handful of committee members laughing like Satan and sacrificing kittens...saying "watch this team's fan reaction when we pull the rug out". "OMFG...that is priceless...the one guy threw a PBR can through his 70" plasma...did you see that?" High fives all around...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #185
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I know it doesn't really matter in the end, but just having a little fun. I'm wondering how high do you guys think we can make it in the polls this year. I think our highest under Cronin is 8th? I think clearly we are going to surpass that this season, I just wonder what our ceiling could be. There's a couple teams I expect not to lose too many games, but I see a lot of volatility this season and without many tough games on our schedule til the end of Feb we could make a nice run. While in the end I understand ranking isn't going to directly effect our seeding but being in the top ten and possibly top five can greatly increase our national recognition. All that being said, I think we have a pretty decent chance at making the top 5, and I think 3 is probably our ceiling. But who knows, either way it'll be our highest ranking in over a decade and that's awesome.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #186
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I know it doesn't really matter in the end, but just having a little fun. I'm wondering how high do you guys think we can make it in the polls this year. I think our highest under Cronin is 8th? I think clearly we are going to surpass that this season, I just wonder what our ceiling could be. There's a couple teams I expect not to lose too many games, but I see a lot of volatility this season and without many tough games on our schedule til the end of Feb we could make a nice run. While in the end I understand ranking isn't going to directly effect our seeding but being in the top ten and possibly top five can greatly increase our national recognition. All that being said, I think we have a pretty decent chance at making the top 5, and I think 3 is probably our ceiling. But who knows, either way it'll be our highest ranking in over a decade and that's awesome.

our lowest win % according to kenpom until the smu game (feb 11th) is 82%. if we hold steady until then we likely get to the top 5.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #187
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Preach.

and to be honest I think people in general put too much stock in tourney success. Like I think a good tourney run can save a bad season but a bad tourney run doesn't ruin a great season. People get so hung up on it, and i think its mostly casual fans that do, not die hards as I love the regular season and I got kinda sad the other day when I ripped the ECU ticket from my ticket package and looked down to find I only get to see the bearcats at home 6 more times. I invest way too much into UC basketball to only care about what happens in a single elimination tournament.

Speaking of podcasts though, I honestly wouldn't mind starting up one. Something structured and maybe a round table of BearcatTalk regulars. I've always wanted to do it just never really tried it.
Sounds like an invitation to me Hub. I'm sure I'm at the top of your list. And I do accept.

In all seriousness, you are a true true junkie. You would definitely be good at hosting it. And Jacob helping you, cuz he listens to so many podcast. I'd love to participate sometime too.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #188
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
WVU goes down, there's another spot. Could be another good jump in store this week, lot of tough games for the teams above us. UNC also lost again tonight, they're ahead of us in ESPN.
It's s little artificial tho bc we will be playing weaker teams than some teams ahead of us, don't u think?

Sounds like the most accurate poll for how good a team is, is kenpom? Does the majority agree??
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 PM   #189
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Conference Play PER

Clark 32.8
Nsoseme 24.4
Washington 23.8
Evans 22.6
Diarra 19.5
Scott 19.2
Cumberland 16.7
Brooks 15.9
Moore 12.9
Jenifer 12.5
Broome 12.2
Williams -2.5

The starters are the only players over 100 minutes.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #190
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
our lowest win % according to kenpom until the smu game (feb 11th) is 82%. if we hold steady until then we likely get to the top 5.
I think it's going to be pretty important to win up until Feb 11 @ SMU.

4 away games in the last 7 including our 3 toughest conference games. 2 games away to close the season on Sr nights...WSU and Tulane. Probably will have our toughest home game in that stretch with WSU.

With a target on our back and at least a couple teams fighting to get in the dance. We need some laser focus and high intensity from here on out.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote