Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 MI ILB James Ross (Michigan Verbal)

Inside Linebacker
Orchard Lake, MI (St. Mary's)

Ht:6'0"
Wt:203 lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
• James Ross, Jr. (Rivals/Scout/ESPN) is already being heavily recruited by in-state rivals Michigan and Michigan State. He told the Detroit News:
“There is another school, Penn State, that we're looking at,” Ross Jr. said. “They recruited (quarterback) Rob Bolden from our school and he committed to them. So (Penn State assistant) Coach (Ron) Vanderlinden has been talking to me. I actually sent him my highlight tape and he said he really liked it.”
Ross is a 6-foot-0, 200-pound linebacker who's raised eyebrows early in his career, led his Eaglets' defense with 103 tackles, five sacks, five forced fumbles, seven fumbles recovered and an interception.

http://www.linebacker-u.com/2010/03/...-to-repel.html
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
THE SCOUT

THE SCOUT is on a distinguished road
James Ross 2009 Highlights

Part 1

Part 2
THE SCOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
THE SCOUT

THE SCOUT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Inside info

His Dad told me Ross's little brother plays hockey with the bearcats defensive coordinators nephew.
THE SCOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Not too shabby.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Analysis: A can't miss prospect. James Ross, as a sophomore, already has what it takes to play at the next level for a BCS team. Ross has the size, speed, and strength to compete at a very high level in varsity ball. He shows great strength at the point of contact. Once Ross wraps you up, the play is over. Ross also shows great tackling technique and continues to drive his feet through the ball carrier after contact. Ross has the speed and athleticism to excel in pass coverage and to play sideline to sideline. He'll have plenty of time to get bigger, gain strength and work on his speed. Ross will be one of, if not the top prospects in the state of Michigan in 2012 and possibly a top 100 player in the nation.

http://michigansportszone.blogspot.c...ames-ross.html
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

UC has given Ross a verball offer. Look for PSU and OSU to do same sooner than later.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

2012 standout LB James Ross visited both MSU and UM this weekend, checking out both scrimmages. Ross got to talk with Coach Rod and Defensive Coordinator Greg Robinson. Ross will be back in Ann Arbor for the Wolverines' Spring Game

http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Every year brings a new crop of high school football players that have dreams and goals of playing at a major Division 1 college. Fans from major colleges all over the country are tuned into football recruiting and reading about which high school prospects might or might not go to their favorite team. The popularity of college football is at an all time high and college coaches are under an enormous amount of pressure to win or their jobs will be in jeopardy. The excitement and anticipation from week to week is addicting and all of the hype and build up revolves around recruiting. The Rivals Network gets millions of page views everyday and high school players are on center stage and in the spotlight at an early age.

The state of Michigan received national attention throughout the year on players from the Class of 2010. This has been with out a doubt one of the best classes ever. One football player from the Class of 2012 that is headed down the same path of getting national recognition is Orchard Lake St Mary's James Ross. The sophomore linebacker has played like a veteran all season long and his team is peaking at the right time. We don't normally do articles this early in a player's career, but this is well deserved.

Two years ago I sat in Devin Gardner's living room in Detroit and did his first Rivals interview with him called "Ahead of His Time". He sent me some video from his sophomore season and after watching it I knew that he was something special. He was surprised at the time that I even wanted to do an article on him. He had no idea what was in store down the road for him. He is now rated the #1 quarterback in the country and is committed to the University of Michigan.

In 2006 at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, we had our only 8th grader to ever attend my Midwest Elite Football Camp and his name was Robert Bolden. Although he was the youngest player there, Rob held his own and we knew he would be a household name. Rob is now ranked #101 player overall in the country in the Rivals Top 250 and is committed to Penn State University.

James Ross has a similar background with some of the greatest players ever to come out of Detroit and the entire state of Michigan. James started playing football when he was 8 years old for the Westside Cubs. Some say the Cubs are the best youth football team in Michigan. The Cubs have a laundry list of great players including Larry Foote (Detroit Lions), Braylon Edwards (New York Jets), Michael Westbrook (Washington Redskins), Chris Floyd (NFL Alumni), Nick Perry (USC), Dion Sims (Michigan State), Trevor Anderson (Michigan State), Dionte Allen (Florida State), Robert Bolden (Penn State commit) and many more…

"Outside of my dad and Pastor, my biggest role model is William Tandy. He was my West Side Cubs Football Head Coach. Coach Tandy helped mold me to be the person that I am today. He also works tirelessly to improve the lives of young people. I believe the Cubs is one of the greatest youth organizations in the United States. It prepared me to be a great athlete as well as a well rounded young man.," said Ross.

James didn't know what to expect his first varsity practice this season being just a sophomore. "I was very nervous coming in this year playing varsity for OLSM, but when I saw Rob Bolden wearing those old A-Team West Side Cub pants, I knew I was home."

James has really picked things up quickly in his first varsity season. He has some great mentors guiding him along in Bolden and Earnest Thomas. "Over the season, Earnest has become like an older brother too me. He tells me things that I need to do in order to get myself to the next level," said Ross.

Orchard Lake St Mary ended the regular season with a 4-4 record and was up in the air if they were even going to make the playoffs. "Right after we lost the game to Catholic Central in Week 9, I thought that was the end of our playoff hopes. Our coach assured us that we may have a second chance. He said he was 99.9% certain that we were in. Later that night that .1% was eating at me. That next day we gathered together as a team to watch the selection Sunday Show. When they called our name, we all shouted in total excitement and I thought with this second chance we need to make the most of it."

Last week James was outstanding in the District Finals helping OLSM knock off 10-0 Melvindale. Ross had a key interception in the 2nd quarter, a big sack and 14 tackles on defense. "Winning the game against 10-0 Melvindale was a great victory! I was very happy with our performance, but I know that there is still room for improvement. Our defense made great plays putting the offense in position where they needed to score. The offense also played well."

James has developed into one of OLSM's leaders on the team even though he is just a sophomore. "I feel that each of us lead in some capacity. We all have different gifts and talents. When we carry out our assignments correctly, we are a great defense."

OLSM has been really playing at the top of their game right now and their tough conference schedule has prepared them well for the playoffs. "Each game in the Detroit Catholic League (DCL) is like a playoff game. Some of the state's top teams are in this league. Brother Rice and DeLaSalle are still alive. The fans remind you of a student section in a college game; chanting, yelling, no shirts and all trying to get you off of your game. Each team in the DCL is very competitive and there are always a couple of big time players on their team that make a big impact in the game."

This week OLSM will take on a great Detroit Crockett team in the Division 3 Regional Finals. Ross knows in order to advance the defense must play well. "Our defense needs to come out very aggressive and know each of our responsibilities. We can't let the QB (Tony Lippett) hit the edge on us. He is a good player so the D-line must bring pressure like they have in the past few weeks. This will help the secondary make big plays. Also, the inside linebackers must be on their game by stopping any type of running threat."

James Ross like Devin Gardner is ahead of his time and will be a household name like Rob Bolden before you know it. James is determined to succeed. "I strive to make my family proud and I aim to be a positive role model to my younger brother Josh. My belief in God and my commitment to my church keeps me striving toward excellence. My family celebrates me for all of my accomplishments whether it is in academics and/or sports. The high regard that they have for me also keeps me going."

James is just getting his feet wet with colleges starting to get to know him and it will only be a matter of time before he is bombarded with interest. "I attended multiple football camps in the summer. Michigan and Michigan State displayed some interest in my talent during those camps, but nothing more than that. At this point, I am high on the following schools: Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and UCLA."

James talked about what his strengths on the field are and what he brings to the table. "My strengths are having a high motor, having a great combination of strength and quickness, fearlessness and willing to attack blocks from anyone on the field."

http://nucfootball.blogspot.com/2009...-u100-top.html
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

QUOTES

On Himself: “I emulate a Ray Lewis on the field. I like how he plays, and I try to imitate everything that he does. It really fits me how he plays.”

Interest (11/15/09): “At this point, I am high on the following schools: Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and UCLA."

ANALYSIS

Jon Jennings, UMGoBlog.com: “A great linebacker prospect who has the speed and lateral movement to run sideline to sideline as well as anyone. Ross is very strong at the point of contact and athletic in the open field. For a sophomore to-be-Junior Ross is as good as they get at the position.”

Sean O’Connell, UMGoBlog.com: “Likely the top linebacker in Michigan for 2012 and one of the top in the Midwest, Ross is a complete linebacker. He has a great nose for the ball and packs quite a wallop when he makes contact with the ball carrier. James does a great job of getting off blocks and has the speed to stick with running backs while in coverage. Ross also has the one quality in a defender that can't be taught; instincts. Michigan has already extended a verbal offer to Ross and he will be a top priority for the 2012 class.”

Allen Trieu, Scout.com: “Everyone in Detroit already knows this kid they call “Biggs.” That is because Ross has been as dominant a PAL player the city has had in recent years. He is already pretty filled out for a kid as young as he is and his footwork in drills was quick and fluid. He has a great chance to start this year for the Eaglets and a good season will really catapult him as far as recruiting goes.”

Sam Webb, Scout.com: “Extremely physical, fast, reminds a lot of Jonas Mouton .. Odds on favorite to be the best in the state for the class of 2012.”

http://umgoblog.com/post/2012JRoss.aspx