Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
A Peek Ahead to the 2012 Class

But Jenkins-Stone is not a shoe-in to be the top linebacker prospect in Michigan for the 2012 class. James Ross of Orchard Lake St. Mary’s was the early frontrunner for that honor after he picked up offers from Michigan and Michigan State. Jenkins-Stone and Ross know each other well and have a friendly rivalry brewing.

“We’re real good friends,” Jenkins-Stone said. “We’ve been bumping heads since the (Westside) Cubs.”

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...-class-of-2012
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1044739.html (free)

Quote:
Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Mich.) four-star junior linebacker James Ross picks up an offer from the Big East.

James Ross is one of the top juniors in the Midwest and the hard hitting middle linebacker picked up another offer today to add his already solid list.
"I just got offered by Pittsburgh today," the four-star prospect reported.

The 6-1, 215-lb Ross now has offers from the Panthers, Cincinnati, Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue. He reports additional interest from Notre Dame, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State and others.

He has started two varsity season for the Eaglets and recorded 96 tackles (61 solo), four sacks and two fumble recoveries this past season while making the Detroit Free Press Dream Team.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://footballrecruiting.247sports....larships-14434

Quote:
Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Mary’s linebacker James Ross picked up his sixth verbal scholarship on Monday from Arizona State, his father confirmed with 247Sports.

The Sun Devils join Cincinnati, Michigan, Michigan State, Pittsburgh and Purdue in offering the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Ross.

This past fall, Ross battled through injury to help lead St. Mary’s to the state championship game, totaling a team-high 77 tackles including 14.5 for loss with four sacks. He also broke up two passes, forced one fumble and intercepted a pass. As a sophomore, Ross had over 100 tackles, five sacks, five forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and an interception.

Besides the schools that have offered, Ross is also hearing from the likes of Ohio State, Penn State and Miami.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
swg
Epic Member

OSU and Mizzou offered.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
swg
Epic Member

http://footballrecruiting.247sports....sts-best-15622

Quote:
Best of the Midwest Football Camp.

Many of the top prospects from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio will be on the Michigan campus in Ann Arbor for this event, consisting of position drills, 1-on-1s and 7-on-7. The names of who preregistered was provided by Maximum Exposure.

HEADLINERS

James Ross: One of the country’s most instinctive linebackers, the Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Mary’s talent has been offered by Arizona State, Cincinnati, Michigan, Michigan State, Pittsburgh and Purdue.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
swg
Epic Member

SWiltfong247 Steve Wiltfong
Future247 CB Terry Richardson and Future247 LB James Ross visiting #OhioState next weekend.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

The prior coaching staff at Michigan gave Ross one of his first offers, and last week on a visit to the campus, he got a chance to meet with new Wolverines coach Brady Hoke, defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and the rest of the staff.

“They had a really great message,” Ross said. “They portrayed to me that they really cared about this University. I actually enjoyed the original Michigan staff that offered me, I liked them, and for some staff to impress me even more was shocking. I didn’t know it would be like that.

“I really enjoyed Coach Mattison,” Ross continued. “We actually went over what I’d be doing in the defense, and I’d actually be playing WILL, and he was just showing me how the WILL was covered up and has the freedom to make plays.”

Ohio State offered Ross late last week, and a third personality quickly developed.

“Nobody was at the house, so I did a quick little dance,” Ross said. “Nobody saw, but it was cool.”

Ross has been keeping in touch with Buckeyes assistant coach Paul Haynes.

“I grew up watching Ohio State,” Ross said. “Ever since I was born, they were the ones in the Big Ten between Michigan and Ohio State I watched. Just that consistency of winning they have, that’s what I really like about them. They’re always somehow on top.”

This spring, Ross says he’ll try to visit as many schools as possible. The coaches at each place will get to meet the nice quiet guy.

http://footballrecruiting.247sports....mes-Ross-16009
Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

ND offered.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
swg
Epic Member

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...-super-friends

Quote:
They were just boys playing for the Westside Cubs in the Detroit Police Athletic League when Terry Richardson, James Ross and Royce Jenkins-Stone started dreaming of playing football in college.

“Me, Royce and Ross we all grew up together,” Richardson said. “We were playing for the Cubs since we were eight, nine years old. We always played together on the Cubs. We built a nice friendship that’s going carry on for life.”

Jenkins-Stone and Ross also said it was a great experience.

“We were always watching college football games together and talk about wanting to be there some day,” said Ross.

Jenkins-Stone remembers the success they had.

“We made it to the championship, but we lost,” he said.

Ironically, the trio would become close with a member of the team that beat them in the title game.

“I was on the Giants and they were on the Cubs,” Laron Taylor said. “We ended up beating them in the championship game by one point off a field goal.”

Taylor, who joined Richardson and Jenkins-Stone at Cass Tech High School, still reminds his current teammates of when they were competitors.

“Yeah, he still teases us,” said Jenkins-Stone. “He’s got a little bragging rights.”

“That always sticks in their minds,” Taylor said. “I’ll be playing with them all of the time about it.”

While Taylor teamed up with Richardson and Jenkins-Stone in high school, Ross went off to St. Mary’s Prep in Orchard Lake.

“I played with them for about 10 years,” Ross said of Richardson and Jenkins-Stone. “It was just different not going to the practices together or riding together in the car. But I still work out with Terry every day. We’re very close. That’s about the closest friend I have. We talk about the recruiting situations and just thanking God that we made it this far.”

Indeed, the young boys have grown into young adults receiving attention from colleges across the country. Ross, Jenkins-Stone and Taylor all play linebacker while Richardson is one of the top rated cornerbacks in the class of 2012.

All four are being recruited by Notre Dame along with a host of others. Richardson and Ross each picked up Irish offers earlier this week.

They understand how unlikely it is that all of them will play together in college, but they are at least considering it.

“When we were little, we wanted to play together, but we know how difficult that may be,” said Ross. “If it works out, it does and that would be great, but we probably won’t make our decisions based off what somebody else does.”

Jenkins-Stone agrees.

“It would be good for us to go to the same school again and play together, but I don’t where their hearts are yet and I don’t know what I want to do yet,” he said. “I’m still waiting on some more offers before I can make my decision.”

Taylor has enjoyed his time at Cass Tech and would like to continue it at the next level.

“It’d be great to play with them guys in college,” he said. “It’s great to playing with them now. They get me better every day. They push me, we push each other.”

Each has plenty of options and even if they aren’t able to stick together, all four are close to accomplishing a dream first thought of a long time ago.

“The time is coming that we’re being able to achieve the goal,” said Ross. “It seemed like so long ago that we wanted to play college football and it’s just great to see that goal soon to be accomplished.”
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1051327.html (free)

Quote:
Orchard Lake St. Mary's (MI) linebacker James Ross picks up a significant offer.

Penn State is hoping lightning strikes three times at Orchard Lake St. Mary's, as the Nittany Lions have offered another one of their stars.

"I just got offered from Penn State," junior middle linebacker James Ross reported to Scout.com.

The 6-1, 215-lb Ross added offers from Indiana and Notre Dame this week as well. He has offers from Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Arizona State, Illinois, Purdue, Pittsburgh, and others.

In previous years, the Nittany Lions have picked up commitments from fellow Eaglets, quarterback Robert Bolden last year and wide receiver Allen Robinson this year.

Ross has indicated that he will visit Happy Valley in the spring.