Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 OH QB Maty Mauk (Missouri Verbal)

Pro-Style Quarterback
Kenton, OH (Kenton)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 185 lbs
40:
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Last game threw for almost 600 yards. Worth keeping an eye on as the younger brother of Ben Mauk.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Interest from UC, OSU, ND, Mizzou, Northwestern.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Old 03-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Not sure if he's coming to UC for a practice this year (I would hope so), but he is visiting ND this Saturday.
BJ needs to jump on Mauk, as OSU is pretty darn interested already as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

I expect Maty to get a ND and UC offer come this Sept, as Kelly was intending on doing that at UC regardless. Plus, it would only make sense for BJ to follow suit.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Visited ND last Saturday with both of his parents and really liked everything. He spoke to several coaches although that did not include Kelly (Kelly was very busy with coaches clinic and then had to jet off to brother's wedding). Apparently Kelly verbally offered when Mauk was only in 7th grade (Ben was playing for Kelly at the time at UC) so Kelly recognized really early this kid was gonna be a big time talent. He's visiting OSU this weekend for the spring game. He went to a 7 on 7 at ND last summer and will do so again this summer. It's going to be a real battle between OSU and ND for him. I seriously wonder what ND will do if both Maty and Gray Crow (who says we're currently the leader and is visiting for a 3rd time this weekend for the BG game) both want to come to ND next year.

http://tharinger.com/Forums/showthre...2526#post62526
Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
^^^^ I'd love to see another Mauk in a UC jersey.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
^^^^ I'd love to see another Mauk in a UC jersey.
I think it would be a done deal if Kelly was still coach at UC but I think the Mauk family has more allegience to Kelly than UC. I would bet he will be at ND unfortunately.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Was at ND for a passing tournament. They loom large at this time. I know the Mauk family outside of Ben likes the school, so hopefully Ben can get into his ear somewhat.