Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 OH OT Taylor Decker (ND Verbal)

Offensive Tackle
Vandalia, OH (Butler)

Ht: 6-7
Wt: 250
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/vi...4058&srid=4022
Old 04-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Offensive lineman Taylor Decker from Vandalia-Butler High School is one of the top class of 2012 prospects in the state of Ohio and the Buckeyes already have their eye on him.

The Buckeyes are going to suffer heavy losses on the offensive line over the next two years. And since they signed just one offensive lineman in their 2010 recruiting class, the position is going to be a huge priority for the Bucks’ 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes.

So it should come as no surprise the Ohio State staff is already targeting not only the top junior offensive linemen in the Ohio, but they are also working ahead on the sophomores.

One of the 2012 prospects the OSU staff is well aware of is Taylor Decker from Vandalia (Ohio) Butler. The 6-foot-8 and 245-pound sophomore started at right tackle this past season and played some tight end in certain sets. Decker will likely play left tackle his junior season.

Decker is a fine all-around athlete who also is a starter on the Butler basketball team. In fact he is drawing interest from recruiters for both sports.

“I haven’t really decided which sport I’ll play in college,” Decker said. “I love them both.”

Decker said some of the schools in contact for football include Ohio State, Purdue, Cincinnati and Kentucky. From basketball Decker has heard from North Carolina State, Toledo, Cincinnati, Wright State and Ball State.

“Of course I love Ohio State,” Decker said. “I would definitely love to go there. I’ve always loved North Carolina so North Carolina State and the ACC would be nice (for basketball).”

Decker will be in Columbus this summer.

“Ohio State asked me to come to one of their (football) camps,” Decker said. “I’m trying to figure out which one to go to.”

Kurelic’s Comment: Decker is a very strong possibility for an offer for football from the Buckeyes. He will definitely be one of the top offensive line prospects in Ohio in 2012 and has great potential.

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/article...homore-lineman
Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

UC is going after him for both football and hoops.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Camped at OSU and UC over the summer.

Receiving interest from Cincinnati, ND, Duke, Wiscy, OSU, Indiana, MSU, Nebraska and Texas A&M. Unofficially visited ND for the ND/Michigan game last Sept. Supposedly had an unofficial visit to Cincinnati for the Bearcat/OU game this past fall.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
swg
Epic Member

In October, rec'd verbal offer from UC.

His top three are ND, OSU, UC.

If he ever gets an offer from ND...he is all theirs. UC looks good for now though.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I met this kid's older brother today, who was also recruited by UC. Seemed like a pretty good guy- didn't get a chance to pock and prod him about how his brother feels about UC though.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Fortunately for UC, alot of the kids we want here are fairly close by. Huge advantage.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Fortunately for UC, alot of the kids we want here are fairly close by. Huge advantage.
Unfortunately so is OSU and ND...

From what I've read on him he (and correct me if I'm wrong):

1) Grew up an OSU fan

2) Likes the UC coaching staff the most

3) Was blown away by the ND campus

Those are three separate things I've read in articles discussing his recruitment. Got them off Bucknuts.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

I meant huge advantage for UC in general, not specifically for this recruit. We may not get every recruit, but there is enough around the tristate area for the UC coaches to at least get a chance to give a 'pitch' or for them to visit.