Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
’11 FL ATH LaQuentin Smith (Pitt Verbal)

Athlete
Orlando, FL (Dr. Phillips High School)

Height: 6 foot-1
Weight: 205 lbs.
Forty: 4.60 secs.
Bench Max: 250 lbs.
Squat Max: 405 lbs.
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA: 3.0 ACT: 17
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, UCF, S. Carolina, Michigan, Illinois, Colorado St.

Interest from UF, FSU, Auburn, Miami, USF.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

From 3/17...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4999811

Quote:
Safety LaQuentin Smith, who will likely transition to linebacker on the next level, is currently sitting on four offers with more to come.

"Right now, I've got Illinois, UCF, Michigan and Colorado State," said the 6-1, 208-pound Smith. "USF, Cincinnati, Notre Dame and a whole bunch of other people are recruiting me."

Smith is behind other prospects in terms of attending junior days and making unofficial visits, due to Dr. Phillips advancing to the 6A state title game in basketball, in which Smith averaged 10 points per game.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/flo...outh-carolina/

Quote:
Dr. Phillips LB LaQuentin Smith has received a scholarship offer from South Carolina. He now has three offers, including Colorado State and Michigan.

(Add West Virginia to that as well)
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1847822.story

Quote:
LaQuentin Smith had a feeling earlier this week that he was about to embark on a god road trip. And once he arrived back in Orlando on Saturday night, the Dr. Phillips linebacker/safety confirmed his previous thoughts may have even been a bit understated.

"Man I had a great trip at South Carolina today," Smith said, who now has a leader in the Gamecocks of Steve Spurrier. "(Leaning) a little bit. It was great up there."

Smith said he got some good face time with Spurrier.

"Yea, I did and he told me that they need some players like me and also how I need to start the class of 2011 off right," Smith said.

Smith went on a whirlwind trip with three Orlando Olympia players Daryl Monroe, Isiah Meyers and Ja'air Young, and they also visited South Carolina State, Coastal Carolina, The Citadel and Charleston Southern.

But it was the stop in Columbia, S.C., that got all the attention.

"(The others) were really neat," Smith said. "But South Carolina really stuck out to me. ... They preach about school ,family and football. (I also like) how the program is and it's a great one."

The Gamecocks are targeting Smith for safety in college, and after playing mostly linebacker a year ago. He said he's comfortable moving back.

"Yea, I played it before and I will be playing it this year at DP," Smith said.

Smith was a turnover machine last season, causing four fumbles while recovering nine. He had 95 tackles and nine pass deflections for the Panthers, who lost a five-overtime heartbreaker to Apopka in the 6A state quarterfinals.

Although he now has a leader, it's still a long way to Feb. 2, 2011, National Signing Day.

"Everything is just getting started," he said.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Also recently offered by USF. USF joins South Carolina as his favorites
Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Arkansas and Memphis have both offered.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

jcshurburtt Wake Forest is the latest offer for safety/linebacker Laquentin Smith (Orlando, Fla./Dr. Phillips).
about 4 hours ago via TinyTwitter
Old 05-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Tennessee offers.