Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post
I have to disagree with this part of your analysis I have seen him play many times and would say that he would much rather play on the perimeter. I am not saying he won't play in the post but he would much rather shoot a three or try and take another big man off the dribble.
Being able to face up does not mean he isn't a strong low post presence. My point was/is, he plays within himself and doesn't try to do things he isn't capable of doing like some other big men. He understands his game. Justin Jackson is the same way. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #12
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Being able to face up does not mean he isn't a strong low post presence. My point was/is, he plays within himself and doesn't try to do things he isn't capable of doing like some other big men. He understands his game. Justin Jackson is the same way. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Got ya, I was reading into it the wrong way. Kid will be a good player at the college level when he learns some consistency.
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I thought I saw he may be reclassifying to the class of 2012 and going to Brewster Academy in the fall.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Yes, that is true. Just read it myself.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Dawson's frontcourt teammate is continuing to make a name for himself. While McGary isn't a great athlete, he does do a lot in terms of production. McGary rebounded well inside of his area, ran the floor well, and finished around the rim through contact due to his strength. Now as a 2012 prospect, McGary will be one of the higher recruited bigs in the class simply because his face up game and big body make him a rare commodity. He keeps on getting better on the floor, and now with the move to Brewster Academy, McGary is showing a commitment in the classroom as well.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1102703
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Chesteron, Ind., forward Mitch McGary had a tough decision to make - prep school or not?

The 6-9 McGary said he opted to attend Wolfeboro, N.H., Brewster Academy and is hoping to boost his academic status.

"I kind of had to do it," said McGary, who plays for the SYF Players. "It's a decision that I had to make for some past mistakes that I have made.

"It's going to teach me a lot of stuff going on. I'll be able to make some decisions on my own and become a better person. I think it will all work out."

McGary is now expected to spend two years at Brewster and will be a member of the Class of 2012. He said the extra year will "only help" in the recruiting process.

McGary said since his announcement that he's seen some interest from Big East and ACC schools. He mentioned Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Indiana and Purdue as showing the most interest at this point.

"It's been really good," McGary said. "I'm excited."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The other post player is Mitch McGary (6’9″ Jr. PF, Chesterton (IN)), who has made a good impression since arriving in Wolfeboro. The lefty is well-built and can get stronger, and while he’s not smooth he will battle inside, although Burton was clearly testing him by knocking him around. He banked home a couple of mid-range jumpers and was around the ball often.

http://www.hoopville.com/2010/09/15/...-talent-again/

Some big names are after Mitch, including BEast foe Pittsburg. His style of play would be perfect for this league and I hope Mick can land him.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 09-22-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #18
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

BrewsterHoops Brewster Academy forward Mitch McGary will take an unofficial visit to Indiana University on Friday.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

RT @BrewsterHoops: Michigan will be at our game on Wednesday to watch Mitch McGary '12.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Chesterton High School basketball player Mitch McGary was honest about his poor grades and the effect those numbers -- instead of points and rebounds -- were having on his recruitment when he talked to reporters at the Adidas May Classic in Bloomington in the spring.

The 6-10 standout matter-of-factly admitted academics could keep him from qualifying for college after his senior year. Late this summer, however, McGary transferred to Brewster Academy (N.H.), a prep school power that offers smaller class sizes and a program designed to help with his attention deficit disorder.

"We have a recognition system here on our campus that involves work ethic, character and academics, and Mitch has earned the highest level of recognition," Brewster coach Jason Smith said. ". . . He's been doing a fantastic job."

McGary, now part of the 2012 recruiting class, has also seen his recruitment pick up. Smith said coaches from Indiana were scheduled to visit Thursday, with Butler coaches visiting today. Purdue has also been in recently, as well as coaches from Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh and Xavier, among others.

"Most of those schools and others have been here multiple times," Smith said.

Smith said McGary is coming off the bench "but playing starter minutes" for 8-0 Brewster, which won the prep school national tourney last season. Brewster has five Division I commitments on its roster with four more likely.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...s-grades-order