Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #21
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure they are. He was a pretty big want for them.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #22
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Inside linebacker Lamar Dawson (Danville, Ky./Boyle County) updated ESPN affiliate Web site KentuckyInk.com on the latest surrounding his recruitment.

Oregon, Michigan and Vanderbilt offered this month. Kentucky, Louisville, Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, Illinois, Texas Tech, Stanford and Western Kentucky were already on the table.

"I'm probably going to wait until the end," he said. "I'm not in a hurry at all. I'm enjoying the attention and getting to know the coaches from the schools who are recruiting me. I want to take my time and keep building those relationships."

"I like Kentucky a lot because it's close to home and I have a great relationship with the coaches, especially Chuck Smith," Dawson added. "I've known him a long time, and I just feel real comfortable around him."

Asked to list some other factors that may come into play, he said: "Academics, playing time and just feeling comfortable," he said. "I want to find a place where I fit in, not just as a player, but socially."

Last fall Dawson registered 145 tackles, one interception, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He also rushed for 321 yards and two touchdowns and caught 21 passes for 376 yards and four more scores.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...0%26id%3d15007
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #23
swg
Epic Member

Dawson was visited by Florida coaches recently at his school. They said an offer from Florida is in the mail.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #24
swg
Epic Member

Today I caught up with Lamar Dawson (Boyle County, KY) regarding his recruitment. He informed me Florida came to his school on Thursday of last week and offered him a scholarship. Since the last time we talked, he has received offers from Oregon and Michigan.

Lamar tries to contact each of the schools on a weekly basis. I asked him which of the schools were recruiting him the hardest and he said, "Louisville." He plans to narrow his list of schools to a "Top Seven" after the summer and won't make a decision until after his senior season.

Lamar informed me Kentucky, Louisville, Oregon, Michigan, Western Kentucky, Illinois, Purdue, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Florida, Vanderbilt, Stanford and Tennessee all visited his school recently.

I asked Lamar about attending camps this summer and he told me he was "unsure" of which ones he will attend, but likely attend a few. When asked about the attention he is receiving he replied, "I'm enjoying it, it's a once in a lifetime thing."

A lot of people feel Lamar is Kentucky's to lose because of Chuck Smith's relationship at Boyle County. However, his recruitment is far from over and he is not tipping his hat one way or another. One thing is certain, Joker has been recruiting Dawson for a long time and if Charlie Strong is able to secure his commitment, it will only add more intensity to the rivalry.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot.com/
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #25
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
KY LB Lamar Dawson will take his time making a decision, so don't expect a final choice from him until after his senior season. He also talks about his Michigan offer:

The Michigan offer surprised him. “It is a huge name in college football. They are still one of the top programs nationally and it’s really nice to be recruited by them,” Dawson said.

Seems like Michigan is a trophy offer, and not one he's that interested in pursuing further.

http://mgoblog.com/
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #26
swg
Epic Member

Southern Cal recently visited Lamar Dawson (Boyle Co, KY). Big time recruit that UK must sign in 2011.
aaronsukfootballblog tweet.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
swg
Epic Member

...and USC did actually offer.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
It was just a matter of time before Boyle County (KY) linebacker Lamar Dawson became a household name. Ever since he showed up and showed out at the Columbus NFTC at Ohio State where he took home LB MVP honors, he’s been in high demand. Since then, Lamar has picked up offers from Michigan, Oregon, Florida and USC.

Some of the schools who sent coaches to Boyle County High School during the spring evaluation period included Florida, USC, Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois, Michigan, Cincinnati, Purdue, Western Kentucky, Texas Tech, Stanford and Oregon. He holds offers from all of them along with others.

Dawson has a few visits scheduled this summer and will also showcase his skills on the national stage in July.

“I’m just going to visit a couple places. I’m gonna go to Florida, Tennessee, Michigan, Illinois and I might go to Arkansas. I got invited to this Gridiron Kings by ESPN. That’s in July, it’s a 7-on-7 camp.”

As for a leader, Lamar says Kentucky is slightly out in front of Louisville, USC and Florida and that those four schools are recruiting him the hardest. But he’s in no rush to make a decision and he plans to take all of his official visits.

“I’ll probably do it (commit) after the season. I just want to enjoy the recruiting process.”

Lamar is one of the top LB prospects in the nation. He possesses tremendous instincts and a great overall feel for the position. He takes great angles and doesn’t take false steps or waste any motion. He attacks downhill with a nasty mentality and is a sure tackler with excellent technique and is also an asset in coverage. He is currently rated as a 6.0 four star prospect on TR and the #53 player in the country overall.

http://www.tharinger.com/site/LamarDawson.htm
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #29
JasonS
Football Moderator

Committed to USC today in a bit of a surprise.